Chapter 1 - The Caring Butterfly

"Example "– Normal Speech

"Example" – Attack Names 

Example – Internal Thoughts

"Give life a chance, this is all I ask of you Giyuu." A peach haired boy behind a mask said embracing him.

"Sabito, why did you have to die? I need you. The Demon Slayer corps need you, a strong water pillar, not me." Giyuu dropped to his knees not letting go of his friend as they both hit the ground.

"Just live Giyuu, stop blaming yourself." Sabito said beginning to disappear.

"No please, don't go, don't go, don't go." Giyuu pleaded as the boy eventually disappeared.

In the Butterfly Mansion Recovery Centre.

Giyuu woke up suddenly in a cold sweat, shooting up into a sitting position in his bed panting. His long black hair dishevelled, partially covering his face. Instead of his typical Demon Slayer uniform and half and half Haori, he instead wore a green hospital shirt and pants provided by the butterfly estate. His bright blue eyes showing a hint of panic as opposed to their usual lack of any form of emotion.

"ara ara, Tomioka-san, bad dreams perhaps." Shinobu said placing a folded half red and half green and yellow haori at the foot of his bed.

Shinobu wore her standard uniform and butterfly haori, with her black and purple hair being arranged in its typical curtain bangs supported by her butterfly hair pin. Her large violet eyes staring directly at her most troublesome patient, but she managed to maintain her smile, albeit one that didn't necessarily reflect her true mood or emotions at any time.

While it's not exactly progress at least I now know his face is capable of expressing some form of emotion. She thought while standing at the side of his bed her ever present smile welcoming Giyuu back to reality.

Giyuu did not respond, instead running his fingers through his long black hair and removing any strands from his face.

"You know Tomioka-san it is rude to ignore the person who is currently nursing you back to health." Shinobu responded her tone and expression not wavering.

"Thank you for washing my Haori." Was all he said attempting to get out of bed.

A whole sentence? Who would've thought he was capable, and were those manners? My my they grow up so fast. Shinobu thought before placing a hand on his shoulder in an effort to stop him from leaving.

"No no no Tomioka-san you are not leaving this bed until the proper checks have been conducted, you wouldn't be trying to avoid me now would you?" Shinobu teased fetching a medicine kit from a nearby cabinet.

An annoyed sigh was all she got in response as he lay back in the bed. Shinobu approached the bed first placing her hand on his forehead.

"Well, it seems your fever has subsided, do you have any remaining symptoms from your cold?"

"No." He responded flatly.

Well, the sentences didn't last long. Shinobu thought.

"Now let's see how your wounds are healing." Shinobu said. Giyuu then stood out of bed and began to remove his shirt.

"ara ara, Tomioka-san you should know better than to strip in front of a lady, especially one you hardly talk to." Shinobu teased, causing Giyuu to stop momentarily.

"The wound is on my chest, how else are you supposed to see it?" He questioned, his voice remaining monotonous while he spoke.

"Very well Tomioka-san." Shinobu responded.