Chapter 3 - Mount Kumotori

With Giyuu on Mount Kumotori

A young boy lay prone on top of his sister trying to shield her with his body. The snowy mountain creating an unforgiving environment. Giyuu stood a few metres back from where the boy remained shielding his sister, strand of the boy's hair floating to the ground after he missed his initial sword swing.

"Move, whatever she was before she turned that is no longer your sister." Giyuu said flatly brandishing his katana.

The boy didn't move, instead staying on top of the girl refusing to let Giyuu get near her. Unfortunately for the boy he was no match for the water Hashira as he swooped in at an incredible speed taking the girl away and creating distance between himself and the boy.

"NEZUKO!" The young boy yelled rising to his feet and preparing to charge Giyuu.

"Don't move. My job is to slay demons, that unfortunately now includes you sister, I apologise but I have to kill her." He ordered.

"Wait. Nezuko hasn't hurt anybody, I don't know why she changed into this, but Nezuko would never hurt a human!" The boy pleaded.

"You must be joking, if I hadn't got here when I did, she would've devoured you." Giyuu said, his face still unchanged.

"You're wrong! She knows I'm her big brother, and I won't let her hurt anyone, I'll find a way to turn her back into a human." The boy responded tears coming from his eyes.

"There is no way for a demon to turn back into a human, it is impossible." Giyuu said becoming impatient.

"There's a way, and I'll find it no matter what it takes, so please let her go!" The boy begged.

Giyuu tiring of the conversation raised his katana and prepared to strike down Nezuko but was distracted by the now prone boy begging him to stop.

"Please, let her go." The boy whimpered his head sinking into the snow.

"IS THIS HOW YOU PLAN ON SAVING HER?!" Giyuu yelled, causing the boy to raise his head in shock. Giyuu's usual calm demeanour shattered and replaced with a face of pure rage.

"WHY DID YOU SHIELD HER WITH YOUR BODY? JUST SO I CAN PIERCE THROUGH BOTH OF YOU! WHY NOT GO FOR YOUR AXE? WHY BOW YOUR HEAD? ALL YOU DID WAS GIVE ME ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO KILL YOU! WITH THAT WEAK RESLOVE HOW CAN YOU SAVE YOUR SISTER! HOW?" He continued to yell.

It may be harsh but if he had continued to make these mistakes he would've died regardless. Giyuu thought while bringing his sword down and piercing the chest of Nezuko.

"DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!" The boy yelled throwing a rock at Giyuu which was quickly deflected by the Hashira.

Giyuu tracked the boy as he ran through the trees, until eventually stopping and charging headfirst at him.

"An all-out attack from the front against an opponent physically superior to you. YOU FOOL! HOW CAN YOU EXPECT TO WIN LIKE THAT!" Giyuu yelled bringing the end of his sword down hard on the boys' neck knocking him out.

Signing Giyuu proceeded to raise his sword again until he noticed the axe from before come flying towards him sinking into the tree next to his head. Shocked the grip he had on Nezuko loosened and he received a powerful kick that he couldn't react to in time taking the full force of the enhanced demon kick to his ribs, causing him to cough a small amount of blood.

NO! She'll kill him. Giyuu thought ignoring the pain and rushing towards the boy to try protect him. He stopped when he saw Nezuko stand in front of him with her arms outstretched to try defend the boy.

What? Giyuu stopped for a moment confused at what he was seeing until the demon girl rushed at him similar to how her brother did earlier. Giyuu sheathed his sword and allowed the girl to get close, side stepping her and chopping the side of her neck knocking her out instantly. Now with two unconscious siblings in front of him, Giyuu attempted to process what had just happened.