Chapter 13 - The Ghost Town

Hours Later on her way to the Wisteria House.

After arriving on the train to the capital, she quickly made her way south. Exiting the city she felt the chill on the wind.

It's weird, I thought I was still happy to do solo missions, but travelling without a partner just feels, a bit lonely. Shinobu thought.

The current track she walked along was beginning to get cold, not only because night was setting in, but the mountain town she was heading to was known to be covered in snow during and just before the winter months.

She arrived at the wisteria house that she had marked on her map and of course was welcomed in with open arms. Sleeping comfortably, she woke up relaxed and continued her journey. Hours passed by and the afternoon set in, Shinobu could still feel the cold but it clearly had warmed up considerably.

Eventually arriving at Yoshino 2 hours later, she stopped, noticing the town was awfully quiet. It was an unusually cloudy day, the sun providing limited light to the town.

"Kocho?" She heard.

Looking around she noticed Giyuu.

"Ah Tomioka-san how are..." She started, but was interrupted by Giyuu.

"No time, come with me, and make sure you're quiet." Giyuu said turning and walking to the west of the town.

It's nice to see you too. She thought sarcastically.

And that serious look is back, after all the progress we made with Mitsuri I thought he was finally leaving his shell. She added in her head.

Arriving at a small hut outside the town Giyuu opened the door and let her inside.

"Sorry, but this situation is serious." Giyuu said.

"What do you mean Tomioka-san?" Shinobu asked.

"The town has been completely taken over by a lower moon, possibly two." He answered.

"What information do you have." She asked. She was serious but her ever present smile remained.

"From what I was able to gather before I had to leave, there are two potential blood demon arts being used to keep the town in a state of sedation." Giyuu said.

"And they would be?"

"I believe a form of illusions and potentially something to do with altering the mind. Either accessing someone's memories or changing their mental state, possibly both." Giyuu explained.

"So how did you manage to find this out?" Shinobu asked.

"I... don't want to talk about it." Giyuu said.

"Tomioka-san, how exactly are we supposed to combat potentially two lower moons, if you wont even tell me what you know?" Shinobu asked.

"Fine... It's just a bit awkward." Giyuu admitted, beginning to tell the story.

Flashback to a Couple of Hours Earlier.

Giyuu had arrived at the town and began to look around. The town was quiet, sure but that was common for areas plagued by demon attacks. He wasn't sure if Shinobu had arrived yet so decided to check the nearest accommodation.

Entering the building stealthily. he noticed how quiet it was. Only the receptionist was there and he wasn't moving at all, just looking down at the desk. Giyuu kept walking towards the man, allowing his steps to make more noise in an effort to alert him of his presence.