Chapter 2 - The Hashira Meeting

At the Hashira Meeting.

The flowers, trees and ponds that decorate the garden outside of the master's estate were as always neatly organised and maintained. The serenity the garden provided was something found almost nowhere else in the world. This peace however was disturbed by a large group of eccentric or even flamboyant characters.

"TENGEN I AM GREAT HOW ARE YOU?!" A tall man wearing the standard Demon Slayer uniform and a white Haori with a trim that was designed with flames asked. His long yellow hair with red streaks stood out the most, matching his large eyes of the same colour.

"Kyojuro my friend, as always I am flamboyant. But speaking of I hear you and Himejima managed to eliminate two lower moons at the same time, a truly flashy feat." The man known as Uzui Tengen answered. He was the second tallest out of all those in attendance, his long white hair styled meticulously to fit behind his jewel encrusted headband. He wore a modified version of the uniform with the arm sleeves removed to show of his impressively large build, with two golden rings on each bicep.

"That is right we did, the lower rank 4 and 6 have been eliminated!" Kyojuro responded enthusiastically.

The other Hashira remained quiet for the time being, from left to right stood the stone Hashira Himejima Gyomei, the wind Hashira Shinazugawa, the insect Hashira Kocho Shinobu, the love Hashira Kanroji Mitsuri, the flame Hashira Rengoku Kyojuro, the sound Hashira Uzui Tengen, with the serpent pillar Iguro Obanai as always taking his place in a tree near where the group stood.

"They didn't provide much of a challenge, I pray that this is a sign the demons are weakening." Gyomei added.

"It's weird that they would be working together though, Twelve Kizuki or not it isn't typical to see demons working together." Shinobu said.

"I agree." Obanai responded petting his pet snake that was always present on his shoulder.

Iguro-san is so cool, so mysterious and different sitting in that tree. Mitsuri thought a light blush decorating her cheeks.

"It doesn't matter how many of those pathetic demons team up, I'll slaughter them all." Sanemi added in his usual psychotic tone.

"While I tend to agree with you my intense comrade, demon's of a higher rank teaming could indicate some trouble for the people!" Rengoku proposed, not changing his loud volume.

As they continued their discussion on the implications of the potential teaming up of demons, the water pillar almost silently made his way into the estate, stopping to admire the pond and the fish that swam inside it for a moment. Giyuu admired the stillness of the water and the peaceful life the fish inside it seemed to live, simply swimming without worry, what a life it must be. His moment of peace was soon ended by a finger that continued to poke him in his cheek.

"Moshi Mosh, Tomioka-san will you speak to us today or will you hide to the side as always?" Shinobu teased earning silence from Giyuu.

"Tomioka-san do you know how rude it is to ignore a cute lady when she asks you a question?" She continued still receiving no response from her target.

"I won't leave you alone until you answer me Tomioka-san" She continued her assault applying more pressure with her finger.

"Give it up, leave the loner alone it's not like he'd have anything to say anyway." Sanemi called out clearly annoyed by Giyuu's presence.

"Shinazugawa-san there's no need to be mean, just let him come at his own speed." Mitsuri pleaded.

"Tch, whatever." He responded receiving a small glare from the snake pillar currently still in the tree.