Chapter 51 - Reconciliation

"You what?" Giyuu asked.

"I love you too Giyuu." Shinobu repeated.

"You... you..." Giyuu stuttered.

"Look at you stuttering, you're so cute. Isn't it supposed to be the woman who's stunned at the man's confession?" Shinobu teased.

Truthfully her heart was beating just as fast as his was. Feelings such as happiness, relief and worry all fought for control inside of her.

Giyuu went to say something but saw Shinobu's head begin to sway.

"The effects are taking hold, I'm afraid you'll have to take care of me for a little while." Shinobu said, a small smile on her face.

Giyuu watched as Shinobu's eyes rolled back and closed. The woman passed out and began to fall from her chair.

Giyuu snapped into action and moved to catch her before she fell to the floor. Unfortunately due to his own weak body he collapsed, sending them both to the floor.

Giyuu groaned as his back hit the ground, sending waves of pain up and down his spine.

He looked around the room and attempted to lift himself and Shinobu off the floor but failed. He sighed as he realised there was only one option left.

"AOI!" He called out.

A few short moments later Giyuu heard a soft knock at the door.

"May I come in?" Aoi asked politely.

Receiving no response, Aoi quickly opened the door and looked around the room, assuming the worst. She saw Giyuu and Shinobu laying in a compromising position and quickly averted her eyes.

"Oh... Um... I'm sorry, I didn't realise you two were so busy... I'll just leave you two alone." Aoi said awkwardly.

"She has passed out." Giyuu said.

"Oh... wow." Aoi said, a red tint decorating her cheeks as her thoughts roamed.

"I didn't realise you two were getting along so well. It appears I was worried for nothing." She continued.

"What?" Giyuu asked, confused.

"She passed out and I cannot lift her, my back won't let me." Giyuu said.

Aoi internally face palmed at her earlier thoughts and helped Shinobu off Giyuu. She moved her over to the bed that was set up in Shinobu's lab and laid her down.

"What happened?" Aoi asked.

Giyuu thought to himself for a moment. He hated lying to Aoi under any circumstances, but Shinobu had specifically said she did not want anyone knowing about what she did.

"She said she was feeling tired." Giyuu said hesitantly.

Aoi turned and looked at Giyuu and noticed the pained look on his face but ignored it, thinking it was due to his back pain.

"That makes sense, as I'm sure you know she's no stranger to overworking herself." Aoi said, checking over Shinobu.

Giyuu noticed her moving towards Shinobu's arm and quickly spoke up, diverting her attention away.

"Aoi, I am in a lot of pain, could you please help me off the floor." Giyuu said.

Aoi turned away from Shinobu's body and quickly helped Giyuu up, sitting him in a chair next to the bed.

"Sorry Giyuu-sama." Aoi said, checking to make sure he was okay.

"So, did you two make up yet?" Aoi asked.