Chapter 19 - Please Come Back

1 Week Before Final Selection

Sounds of clashing metal could be heard reverberating around Giyuu's estate in the early morning. Aoi and Giyuu had begun training early and had clearly upped the intensity.

"First Form: Water Surface Slash!" Aoi yelled, slashing at Giyuu who countered.

"Good." He commented.

"Third Form: Flowing Dance." She said, beginning to twist and turn her body and blade, Giyuu blocked the first strike and began to dodge the next few.

"Second Form: Water Wheel." She called out, leaping into the air and swiping down at Giyuu.

"Perfect." He called out.

Giyuu launched backwards and picked up a couple of rocks.

"Counter!" He ordered, throwing a rock at her.

"Sixth Form: Whirlpool!" She shouted, slashing at the rock and sending it flying.

"Again!" Giyuu called, throwing another rock.

"Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust." She said, stabbing the rock and halting all its momentum.

"Now attack the dummies, as hard as you can." Giyuu said, stepping to the side.

"Fourth Form: Striking Tide." She called, striking as many dummies as she could.

7 dummies were cut in half by the girl, who turned back and celebrated.

"You're ready." Giyuu said happily.

"Really?" Aoi asked.

"Yes, you have learned all the forms and you can use them in battle situations. I believe you are completely ready." Giyuu said.

"Wow, thank you Giyuu-sama, what does this mean?" Aoi asked.

"I have officially entered you in Final Selection." Giyuu responded.

"Thank you Giyuu-sama, I promise I won't let you down." Aoi said determined.

"You could never." Giyuu said kindly.

Aoi then noticed her blue hair clips had been broken during her training.

"No, my hair clips." She said, her hair now falling over her face.

"Don't you have any extra?" Giyuu asked.

"No, I bought some the last time we were in town, but these were my last ones." She complained.

"That is unfortunate." Giyuu replied.

"I know, without my clips my hair will stay in my face, it's gonna be hard to train these next couple of days." She said sadly.

"I can braid it." Giyuu said.

"What?" Aoi asked.

"I can braid it." Giyuu repeated.

"You can braid hair?!" Aoi asked confused.

"Tsutako taught me, since we lived alone with each other I was the only who could do it. I don't know anything special, just the basic one and a split French braid." Giyuu said.

"YOU CAN DO A FRENCH BRAID?" Aoi yelled.

"Yes, it was my sisters favourite style." Giyuu said.

"Can you please do mine?" Aoi asked.

"Of course." Giyuu responded.

The two made their way to the patio of Giyuu's outdoor area, Aoi sat on the deck in front of Giyuu as he sat in a chair and began to braid her hair.