Chapter 22 - The Return

Still with Shinobu

"What?" A still tired Shinobu asked.

"Aoi is coming home, she is looking tired, so I am going to meet her. But she is back." Giyuu said, clearly excited.

"Okay Tomioka-san, wait one second I will join you." Shinobu said rolling out of bed.

"Understood." Giyuu said, leaving the room.

Shinobu quickly got dressed and left her room, finding Giyuu waiting for her his Kasugai crow sitting happily on his hand as he pet it.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes, let's go." Shinobu said, following Giyuu outside.

"Kanzaburo, please lead us to where you saw Aoi." Giyuu said, releasing his crow.

The crow flew forward, leading them to a very tired Aoi a couple of minutes later.

"Giyuu-sama? Shinobu-sama?" She asked.

Giyuu grabbed the girl and wrapped her in a hug, an act which she quickly returned with a smile on her face.

"I thought you told me not to worry, seems to me like you were a little stressed Giyuu-sama." Aoi joked. Giyuu said nothing back and continued to hug the girl.

"Ara ara, it seems like you have managed to completely melt his frozen heart Aoi-chan." Shinobu said with a laugh.

"It would seem so." Aoi joked.

Giyuu eventually let the girl go and backed up, his eyes were slightly swollen and red, making it clear he had cried, something that didn't go unnoticed by Shinobu.

"Aww, Tomioka-san your precious student returning has brought you to tears, that is adorable." She said.

Giyuu sighed but kept the smile on his face. Shinobu and Aoi noticing the rare genuine smile couldn't help but smile as well.

"You did it Aoi-chan, you've made the big bad Tomioka-san smile." Shinobu joked, causing Aoi to laugh.

"Now come I'm sure you are tired and are looking forward to relaxing." Shinobu continued.

Aoi smiled and walked back with her two teachers, finally making it back home.

"Girls, Aoi is home!" Shinobu called out.

"AOI, AOI, AOI." The flower girls chanted from another room.

"I'll just hold onto this." Shinobu said, taking Aoi's sword.

Aoi was tackled by Sumi, Kiyo and Naho, who all began to cry and squeal as their sister had returned home.

"So cute, aren't they Tomioka-san?" Shinobu asked.

"Yes, they are." Giyuu said, a smile still on his face.

"I must say Tomioka-san, seeing you smile for so long has actually started to creep me out." Shinobu teased.

Giyuu didn't respond, simply watching the girls in front of him happily.

Kanao walked out and looked at Aoi, who had managed to finally stand up after the assault from the girls.

The girl flipped her coin and waited for it to land. Upon seeing the result, the still silent girl ran to Aoi and hugged her.

"It is good to see you too Kanao-chan." Aoi said, hugging the girl back.

"You must be hungry; would you like to have some breakfast?" Shinobu asked.

"I am, that would be great thank you." Aoi responded.