Chapter 29 - Progress

With Aoi

Aoi woke up and yawned, she had gotten a good night's rest for the first time in a while. Knowing that Giyuu was supportive of her decision to leave the Demon Slayer corps had taken a massive weight off her conscience.

She finished getting ready for the day, she still wore her corps uniform, which thanks to Giyuu was a pair of blue pants and matching long sleeve shirt with a white belt instead of the skirt and open shirt she had been offered. She pulled on her Haori and exited her room. As usual she went and woke up the girls, which was often a challenge and ordered them to get ready for the day. She then moved to the kitchen and made the girls breakfast. As Sumi, Kiyo and Naho began to eat she decided to check on Giyuu.

"Good morning Giyuu-sama, how are you feeling this morning?" She asked, opening the door.

After not receiving an immediate response, she turned and looked at his bed and panicked when he wasn't there. She ran out of the room and called out for Shinobu. Running through the halls of the mansion she opened the door to a few separate rooms.

After checking through a lot of the rooms she made her way to the exit of the mansion that led to the garden.

"Shinobu-sama!" She called out.

She immediately froze when she saw the scene from the night before.

Giyuu and Shinobu were still asleep together on the floor of the patio, but as some point during the night Shinobu had moved and was now in a cuddle position with Giyuu, snuggling into his body with her arm around him.

Aoi froze and stared at the two for a moment.

"G...G...G...G... Giyuu-sama?" She asked.

Giyuu began to stir and sat up, Shinobu's arm fell from his body without him noticing. He rubbed his eyes and woke up properly, then turned to look at the source of the noise that woke him up.

"Oh, good morning Aoi, how are you?" Giyuu asked.

Aoi didn't respond, instead continuing to look at the two. Giyuu noticed this and looked down at Shinobu who still hadn't woken up. He blushed a bit, remembering that the two had fallen asleep together out there.

"What are you..." Aoi started.

Giyuu brought a finger to his lips and shushed Aoi.

"She needs sleep." He explained quietly.

Aoi continued to look in shock, completely unsure of what she was seeing, Giyuu motioned for to come over and she began to walk towards them hesitantly.

"I can't walk by myself, please help me up." He said.

Aoi of course helped him up. Giyuu took of his Haori and laid it on top of Shinobu's sleeping body, who quickly grasped it and brought it close. Aoi blushed at the sight but helped Giyuu inside.

"Can we please go to the kitchen? I am hungry." Giyuu said.

"Of course, would you like me to make you some breakfast?" Aoi asked, clearly still flustered.

"Yes please." Giyuu responded.

The two made their way into the kitchen / dining room area and Aoi began to make Giyuu some food. Sumi, Kiyo and Naho had already finished their food and left the room, leaving Giyuu and Aoi alone.

Giyuu sat and thought for a moment, the conversation he had the night before brought him a lot of clarity and peace of mind. Since waking up from his coma he still hadn't fully processed what had happened to him. He'd missed 2 months of his life The fact that he had been so close to death made sense to him, he did fight an upper moon by himself, but hearing how hard Shinobu worked made him feel happy.