Chapter 27 - The Aftermath

At Demon Slayer Headquarters.

"Tomioka Giyuu has sustained potentially fatal injuries and is currently in critical condition. Kakushi performed emergency first aid and are currently transporting him to the butterfly estate." A girl said.

Kagaya panicked and sat up, sweating profusely, and coughing due to his illness. His daughters quickly came to his side, trying to help the sick man however they could.

"What happened?" Kagaya asked, panicked.

"While on his mission he attempted to protect Mizunoto Kanzaki Aoi. This caused him to engage in combat with Upper Moon 5, managing to stall it until the sun rose. The demon unfortunately escaped, but the girl is safe." The girl answered.

"Giyuu... no. What of the other young Demon Slayers who were on that mission?" Kagaya asked.

"The only surviving corps members from that mission are Kanzaki Aoi and Tomioka Giyuu." The girl answered.

"Thank you." Kagaya said, clearly upset. He paused for a moment, wiping some blood from his mouth.

"Alert all the Hashira." Kagaya ordered.

"Kocho Shinobu has been alerted and is preparing to perform emergency surgery." The girl responded.

"Good. Thank you for your hard work, now please inform the others, there will be an emergency meeting tomorrow." Kagaya said.

"Understood." The girl said, leaving the room.

Kagaya sat on the floor for a while. He loved every member of the corps, but all of the Hashira held a special place in his heart.

"Send extra Kakushi to the Butterfly Mansion, Giyuu must be saved no matter what." Kagaya said.

With Mitsuri Some Time Later.

"Iguro-san we should get some food, I'm really hungry." Mitsuri said sweetly.

"Oh... are you sure." The serpent Hashira responded nervously.

"Of course I am, stop being so silly." Mitsuri said with a laugh, leading Iguro to a restaurant.

"So, what do you feel like eating?" Mitsuri asked.

"Don't you enjoy western foods?" Obanai asked.

"You remembered? That's so nice." Mitsuri said happily.

The bandages over Obanai's face hid his blush at her kind words.

"Then let's get western food." Obanai suggested.

"Only if that's what you want." Mitsuri said.

"Of course." Obanai replied.

The two continued to walk towards their destination but heard a crow rapidly approaching from the distance.

"WATER HASHIRA TOMIOKA GIYUU HAS SUSTAINED LIFE THREATENING INJURIES AND IS IN CRITICAL CONDITION. EMERGENCY HASHIRA MEETING TOMORROW AT MIDDAY." The crow said.

Obanai stood stone faced, he wasn't unfazed by the news, but he had barely talked to Giyuu. Still the news that a Hashira was near death was concerning.

Mitsuri on the other hand, was completely shocked.

"Tomioka-san..." She said.

Obanai looked over and saw the state she was in. Her eyes were wide, and tears began to fall.

"Kanroji-san are you okay?" Obanai asked.

"No." The usually cheery girl replied.

Mitsuri broke down, worried for her friend. Obanai awkwardly comforted the girl, unsure of how to proceed.