Chapter 4- The Teams Announced

With Giyuu at his Estate

The Day of the Check-Up Early Morning

The last few days had been uneventful, as Shinobu instructed Giyuu had refrained from participating in any exercise that could be considered near strenuous. Besides cleaning the house and walking in the estates garden, he hadn't done much of anything. No journal entries, no practicing his swordsmanship and unsurprisingly no visitors. Giyuu woke up from yet another sleep with no dream. He stretched out his legs and arms feeling no resistance from his injuries. Getting out of bed he moved to the bathroom and started his mornings the same way he always did, a long bath.

With Shinobu at the Butterfly Estate

After what was an overall boring mission Shinobu had woken up early and was taking care of standard duties at the butterfly mansion. However, with the distinct lack of patients she finally had time to get proper one on one training with Aoi and Kanao. Kanao was making great progress, but she couldn't help as much in Aoi's training as she utilised water breathing. 

I wish I had more days like this, I do miss being able to dedicate most of my time to these two. Shinobu thought while watching her students work hard.

After a good 45 minutes of sword training and conditioning they decided to end their training sessions. Aoi spent time with Shinobu learning as much as she could about medicine and how to treat specific patients.

"Now when we have stubborn patients what do we do Aoi?" Shinobu asked.

"Be firm and don't let them convince us otherwise." The blue haired girl responded.

"That's right, everyone believes they know more than they do, and all these young corps members seem so impatient these days." Shinobu mused, her mind wandering to her most stubborn and annoying patient one Tomioka Giyuu.

"Shinobu-sama, you are only 18 do you not count as a young corps member?" Aoi asked confused.

"My girl, I love that you can think that way, unfortunately in this line of work those who live past 30 are in the very small minority." She said, keeping her smile but taking a very sombre tone.

"I understand master." Aoi responded with the same low tone.

"Well, that's all the training you need for a while, please check on Sumi, Kiyo and Naho and make sure they're staying at least somewhat on task." Shinobu chuckled, thinking of all the out control hide and seek or tag games the girls seemed to always play.

"Of course, Shinobu-sama."

Shinobu walked to her lab and looked at the wisteria poison bottle, taking a clean syringe from a cabinet she filled it with a dose and took a deep breath.

Back with Giyuu.

After bathing, taking his medicine, applying his ointment and eating Giyuu re-entered his room. He proceeded to clean what little mess he had made and got dressed in his uniform. Strapping hi nichirin blade to his side and sliding on his Haori, he made his way to the living room. Approaching the shrine, Giyuu allowed sadness to creep in and takeover his mind for a moment, taking the previously burned incense and replacing it with a new batch he lit the struck a match and lit the fragrant sticks and began his prayer.

"I wish you were both still here. I know you'd be living great lives. Sabito as the water pillar, and Tsukato as a happily married woman. I am indebted to you two forever for the sacrifices you've made but not a day goes by that I wish at least one of you had just been slightly more selfish. Sabito please continue to watch over Tanjiro and Nee-san, I hope you are at least somewhat proud of what little I've been able to accomplish with the life you gifted me." Giyuu said.