Chapter 12 - Dinner and a Show

With Giyuu, Mitsuri and Shinobu at a Restaurant.

Mitsuri and Shinobu sat next to each other on one side of the booth looking at the server who had come to help them. Giyuu, sitting by himself across from them stared at the menu, clearly looking for something specific.

"Okay, can I please have, 2 orders of the Tonkatsu ramen with extra Nitamago, 3 of the spicy tuna rolls, 2 orders of tempura, 1 order of the cold soba, and 4 orders of the Sakura mochi." Mitsuri happily told the waitress.

"Okay, and will that be all for the table?" The waitress asked.

"No, can you please get me 2 orders of ginger Tsukudani?" Shinobu asked.

"Of course." The waitress said taking down some notes.

"Actually can I get one of those as well?" Mitsuri asked.

"Yes that's no problem." The server added, shocked by the amount of food the girl was going to consume.

"And for you sir?" She asked Giyuu.

"Do you serve salmon daikon?" Giyuu asked.

Of course. Shinobu thought.

"Yes sir we do."

"Can I get 2 orders of that?" He asked.

"Of course, will that be all?" She asked again.

Shinobu and Giyuu looked to Mitsuri who still looked unsure.

"Yes, that is all."

The server turned and left, leaving the 3 Hashira.

"So Tomioka-san is salmon daikon your favourite dish?" Mitsuri asked excitedly.

"Yes it is." Giyuu said.

"Why is that, do you like the taste of salmon? Makes sense for the water Hashira." She said laughing.

"My... sister made it for me a lot when I was young." Giyuu said sadly.

Shinobu tensed up and looked at Mitsuri who instantly knew she'd accidentally found sensitive subject.

"Tomioka-san, I'm sorry." Mitsuri said.

"There's no need to be sorry, you did nothing wrong." He replied.

"So, Tomioka-san, how has teaming up with Shinobu-chan been? I must admit I was a little jealous, I did wanted to be partnered up with her myself." Mitsuri asked, quickly changing the subject.

"It has been good." Giyuu said.

"Aww, Tomioka-san, I'm flattered." Shinobu said placing a hand on her chest.

"She does that a lot, and makes fun of me quite frequently, but without her I wouldn't be here right now." He said, face and tone still emotionless.

Shinobu blushed and gave him a genuine smile.

"YOU ALMOST DIED?" Mitsuri asked, clearly misunderstanding what he meant.

"No, I just mean that Kocho has... made me more social." He said.

"Well hold on Tomioka-san, without me you might have died as well, you're not exactly the self-preservation type. Or do I need to tell Mitsuri-chan about my first visit to your estate." Shinobu teased him, receiving a trademark Giyuu sigh.

"You have to tell me! You can't just dangle information over my head like that and not tell me. Please tell me Tomioka-san." Mitsuri begged.

"It's... not important." Giyuu said, attempting to steer the conversation away.