Chapter 53 - A Flashy Friendship

Still in the Rehab Room

"HINATSURU, MAKIO, SUMA! YOU HAVE TO COME SEE THIS.!" Tengen yelled.

Shinobu and Giyuu separated, sporting similar deep red blushes. Tengen was practically jumping around in excitement while Aoi stood there completely shocked. Hinatsuru, Makio and Suma soon joined their husband and saw the two.

"A shirtless Giyuu-san, and a blushing Shinobu-san." Hinatsuru said, thinking out loud.

"THAT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING!" Makio cheered excitedly.

"You don't mean." Suma said nervously.

"THEY FINALLY HAVE GOTTEN TOGETHER!" Tengen cheered.

The five of them entered the room and Shinobu and Giyuu remained frozen in place. Both of their brains were attempting to process the situation unfolding around them.

"Am I allowed to hug you? Have your injuries healed enough yet?" Tengen asked Giyuu.

Giyuu looked around at everyone, noticing the looks on their face.

"I'll take that as a yes." Tengen said, picking Giyuu up in a hug.

"I am so proud of you my flamboyant apprentice; I knew you had it in you." Tengen said happily, putting Giyuu down.

"It's about time if you ask me. I thought you two would get together much sooner, though I guess the argument you had may have caused some roadblocks." Makio said, nudging Shinobu with her elbow.

"I'm happy for you Giyuu-san. You two will make a great couple." Hinatsuru said.

"I also was hoping you two would get together." Suma said.

"So when I walked in on you two last night. Giyuu, were you two really..." Aoi began to say.

"NO!" Giyuu quickly said.

"We were not doing anything inappropriate. She had just passed out. I swear." Giyuu said.

If it were possible Shinobu's face would've turned even more red.

"WHAT'S THIS!" Tengen yelled.

Giyuu turned and looked at Shinobu clearly panicked.

"Please help." He said desperately.

"Everyone please be quiet." Shinobu said sternly, silencing the room.

"I understand everyone has a lot of questions, but please, one at a time. This is all a little overwhelming so please... just calm down." Shinobu ordered.

"And Giyuu please put your shirt back on." Shinobu said.

Giyuu quickly scrambled and got dressed and the five others in the room had a small discussion amongst themselves.

"So... you two are dating right?" Makio asked.

"Yes, we are." Shinobu answered.

The group cheered in excitement and then Tengen stepped up to speak next.

"How long have you been dating for?" He asked.

"Since last night." Shinobu said.

"How adorable, new couples are always so cute." Hinatsuru said, earning nods of agreement from the rest of her family.

"So how did it happen?" Aoi asked.

Giyuu looked at Shinobu and she nodded at him.

"Last night I went to give Shinobu a gift. It was not my intention at that time to confess, I only wanted to leave the gift and return to my room. When I got there, I saw that Shinobu had just finished working on a new poison. We looked at each other and began to talk. From there we reconciled and apologised for everything that happened after our mission to Mount Natagumo. Once we had resolved our issues, I felt compelled to tell her how I felt and she told me that she returned those feelings." Giyuu started.