Chapter 9 - The Fake Hashira and the Wounded Butterfly

With Shinobu Hours Later

"Aoi, I will be leaving now, I trust you to take care of the mansion while I am gone." Shinobu said to her student.

"Shinobu-sama. Once again I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to leave you, Tomioka-san offered help I was just listening." She said, clearly sounding guilty.

"You don't have to worry, it's okay." Shinobu said placing a hand on the girls shoulder.

"Best of luck on your mission master." Aoi bowed.

"I am not going on a mission Aoi, I am going to visit Tomioka-san." She said.

"Wait what?" Aoi asked.

"Yes after our conversation with you he invited me over to his home." Shinobu explained.

"You're going on a date dressed in your uniform?" Aoi asked, confused.

"WHAT? It's not a date, what are you talking about?" Shinobu questioned, clearly put off by the sudden question.

"Uhh... Ummm... But you just said you were going to his house, and you don't have a mission, so.." Aoi stopped, seeing the smiling face of Shinobu seeming a little off.

"I think I'll go start with dinner for the girls." Aoi said excusing herself.

"I think that's for the best." Shinobu said sweetly.

Shinobu thought to herself about what Aoi just said. This wasn't a date, it was about her, she was only going because Giyuu wanted to talk about Aoi.

Whatever, let's just get this over with. Shinobu thought, leaving her home.

With Giyuu.

The moon had completely set in another large full one. The stars were bright, aiding the moon in providing the landscape with at least some light.

Just like that night at the wisteria house. Giyuu thought admiring the skyline, smiling.

I hope Kanzaburo is okay, he is starting to lose it but he's been a good friend. Giyuu thought.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Must be Kocho. Giyuu thought walking towards the door.

Opening the door he was greeted by a very cheerful Shinobu.

"Hi Tomioka-san, thank you for inviting me over." She said politely.

Is she being, nice? I must be dreaming. He thought.

"Thank you for coming." He stepped to the side, allowing her to walk in.

"I must say Tomioka-san, I do like that you're beginning to open up, perhaps you'll even speak to the other Hashira. Or am I just that special to you?" She teased.

"I enjoy your company... sometimes." He replied awkwardly.

Shinobu was shocked, taking a few seconds to compose herself she looked around the house, hoping Giyuu wouldn't see the slight blush that currently decorated her cheeks.

"You know, being here without having an unconscious hard head training himself to death is quite nice." She teased.

"I am sorry." He said embarrassed.

"It's okay Tomioka-san, I'm only teasing. Besides, I thought at first the lack of decorations was quite boring, but it does suit you." She replied.

"Would you like something to eat or drink? I just cooked dinner." Giyuu asked.