Chapter 1: Screw Up

"Let's get out of here and find somewhere else to skate!"

"Yeah! If Bombshell is going to be a complete bitch, then I see no reason to stay!!"

"She never lets us have any fun."

"I see no reason to skate with her anymore."

"I'll never be good enough... none of us will..."

"I quit!"

"This sucks balls!!"

"If you like leaving everyone in the dust so much, then we'll leave!"

...

'Why? Then why don't you continue? I don't understand...'

...

My name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I was once considered to be known as Bombshell. Since the first time my brother let me try riding his skateboard, something woke up inside me. A passion? A hobby? Perhaps it was a good mix of both. The first time I stood on the wheeled board, I fell off almost immediately. Instead of crying like I usually did, I got up and stood on the wood again. My brother started to chuckle, as I fell to the ground once more.

"You need to find your center of gravity, goofball! Here I'll show you." Picking me up, he stepped on the board before letting my much smaller feet press against his bigger ones. "Great, and then, you can skate." As he glided along the cement. My eyes sparkled intensely. Granted, we weren't going all too fast. However, I truly felt alive. Taking me off the board, my dear brother gave me a kind smile, before ruffling my hair as he always did. "(Y/N)? I'm headed off to Japan tomorrow for college. Take care of mommy and daddy and be good for them for God's sake." Nodding at him, he ruffled my hair again before we were both called into the house for dinner.

The States was our home. Which state we lived in; I would never tell. However, I always loved my home with all my heart. As I grew older, I rapidly improved with skateboarding. My brother inspired me in a sense. With some skater friends, we even started a race that anyone was allowed to join. As the group grew, so did my ego.

Like dominos, everything started to crash down left and right, until I was the only one left standing on that racing hill. I waited for someone. Anyone! However, I lost all my friends and acquaintances. So what if I was better?! So what if they weren't strong enough to face me?! They were all wimps!! But maybe that was just it... I managed to rip apart every bit of pride every skater had the right to hold... I tore it away and for what?! To be left standing alone, at the top.

That night, Bombshell died. 'This side of me...' I thought, 'Has to disappear... no matter what...'

I didn't pick up my board for weeks. A whole month passed by me, as I received well deserved harassment from my skating peers. The teachers took notice, but I assured them it was friendly teasing. I had to carry their wounded pride on my shoulders. I ran away from myself, not knowing what else to do with my life.

"Dear," My mother spoke, "The school called today and said that some kids started ganging up on you. Is that true? Are you being bullied?"

"I screwed up, mom..." I whispered, as silent tears escaped from my eyes. My mother and father held me close, as cried into her shoulder. 'Why? Why did I have to be better? Why did I have to be a bitch about winning?'

"You know, your brother lives in Okinawa, which has a lot of great schools, or so I hear from your brother." I looked up at my mother, as she gave me a kind smile. "I'll allow you to move to Okinawa and live with your brother on one condition, young lady. You need to promise me that you'll make smart decisions. Okay?" Hugging her, I gave her my answer. After a week, I was on a plane to Okinawa.

On the flight, I promised myself that I would never make the same mistake again. But that didn't mean I would give up the hobby I so dearly loved with all of my heart. I wouldn't strive to defeat my opponents, but to learn from them. I would strive for a well-earned victory, after all, those were the wins that felt the most satisfying. No more cheating. No more sadistic views. No more losing my composure. I was determined to skate for fun, and if I wasn't good enough, then so be it.

Little did I know about my fate. My destiny.

For the time, I stared out the window, hoping to not screw things up again.