Ending 3: Pink Cherry Blossoms

I leisurely rode toward some run down bar in the middle of nowhere. I wasn't sure whether or not it was a good idea to go, but the letter in my pocket kept me moving. Pulling into the parking lot, I turned off my motorcycle to see that no one was there. Only one other motorcycle sat a little ways away. Saying it was simple would be incredibly false. It was black and very futuristic looking. A 'C' was on its side. Carla the motorcycle sat in front of me. A large grin appeared on my features, before I walked around the graffiti covered building. A familiar head of pink hair came into view. "So..." I started, pulling out the letter to show him, "You sent it?" I questioned, as the pink-haired calligrapher nodded. "And... you do realize I'm underage, right?" I questioned, as he let out a sigh.

"I cannot bare to keep it from you any longer. I wished for you to know promptly without too much attachment. Though, I fear the rejection will drive me to great amounts of melancholy." Kaoru stated confidently, however, he seemed so detached from his surroundings.

"Whoever said I was going to say no?" I spoke, making the male raise his head in a surprised manner. "I have to admit, I was a little surprised to find your letter in the mail. You... um... should have made someone else write it. I recognized the handwriting." I admitted, laughing a little at my own statement. Kaoru seemed less than pleased.

"You're an idiot..." He huffed, before I took a couple steps closer to him. I brushed my chest against his own.

"I'm your idiot..." I giggled, before he walked back to his motorcycle. I followed close behind. "So... does this mean we're kind of dating?" I questioned, as his amber eyes stared at me. He didn't react, so I decided to do it for him. I kissed his cheek, before smiling at him. "In a year or two, you can ask me out again, alright?"

"Alright... in a couple years..."

...

It was a lovely spring day. The shining yellow sun hung high in the sky. The grass was an emerald green and the air was fresh. A large cherry tree, along with the others, were coming into bloom, shooting out a froth of sugary pink blossoms. Anyone could see from its size and the gnarled branches that it was a mature tree, yet still capable of putting on such a wonderful show. A new beginning every spring, even for an old tree. That day, I wore a shiromuku. The outfit consisted of a white furisode kimono that had a trailing hem called a kakeshita. Over this, a maru or fukuro obi was worn around the waist and was secured by a scarf-like obi-age and a rope known as an Obi-jime. Next a second robe-like kimono known as an uchikake was put over all this. Small, embroidered cherry blossoms decorated the ends, bringing the outfit a certain pop of life. This mostly white kimono symbolized pureness, cleanliness, and virginity. The footwear consisted of tabi socks and zōri sandals. Over my pinned up hair, was a large white hood known as a wataboshi.

"This woman, I marry no matter what the health situation is I will love this person, respect this person, console this person, help this person, until death. Protecting fidelity, I swear." Kaoru swore as we faced one another. The minister then looked to me.

"This man, I marry ..." I spoke shyly, before the minister spoke once more.

"Groom, Sakurayashiki, will you marry this woman and become her partner? Will you in peaceful times, during sickness, love this person with respect, with comfort, with help, until death, do you promise to fulfil?" The minister questioned, as the pink-haired calligrapher looked down upon my figure. With a smile painted by God himself.

"Yes, I promise." Kaoru spoke, before the minister turned to me.

"Bride, Sakurayashiki, will you marry this man and become his partner? Will you in peaceful times, during sickness, love this person with respect, with comfort, with help, until death, do you promise to fulfil?" He queried, as my (E/C) eyes met an amber pair.