Chapter 41: We Don't Balance Out Pt. 1

Summer break had long passed by, yet the bright season was far from over. I got up one Monday morning, feeling more than ecstatic. I texted Langa and Reki to make sure that we were hanging out. Langa was the first to text back, telling me to meet at our crossroads. I let out a small, excited giggle, before getting into my school uniform. Once I was ready to go, I went down the stairs to find emptiness.

My brother had an important conference in Tokyo. Apparently, him and his team were working on new, innovative projects, so he had to leave for two weeks. He trusted me enough to stay home by myself. JoJo told me that Kaoru would check in on me every now and then, however, he seemed rather reluctant at the thought. Locking the house door, I took in a breath of fresh morning air, before riding down the road. Once at the crossroad, I was greeted by Langa.

"Hey (Y/N)." He greeted happily, as I stood next to him.

"Good morning Langa. How was your weekend?" I questioned, checking my bag for all the essentials. 'I have my keys, my school shoes, my homework, and my lunch... I should be good.' Huffing a sigh of relief, I looked back at the blue-haired boy.

"My morning was fine, how was yours?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. 'He's so cute~' I cooed mentally, before answering his question.

"Good, thanks for asking." We waited a good ten minutes, before I quickly checked my phone. "What's taking Reki so long?" I queried, before the spoken devil appeared from across the way. "Speak of the devil and he shall come as they always say..." I muttered, before gifting the red-head a large grin. "Good morning, Reki!" I waved.

"Hey, what's up?" Langa greeted, as Reki stood in front of the both of us.

"Hangin' out. Where we goin'?" Reki asked, as I looked to Langa for an answer.

"I was thinking the Big Wood course?" Langa inquired before we both hummed in his direction. I rode beside both of my friends, as they chit chatted about nothing in particular. This was nice... the feeling of having friends, I mean. We were no longer on the streets anymore. In the moment, I felt like I was in paradise. Suddenly, we came upon a rail. Reki went first before performing a Rail Slide. I went next, jumping on the rail as well to do the same thing. We both looked to Langa for him to join. Langa came riding down the slanted rode, before the blue-haired boy managed to catapult himself off a ramp like box. Reki and I watched in amazement, as he managed to touch a piece of star graffiti that was pretty high up there. I was too impressed to say anything. Reki on the other hand gasped, before breathing out a quick, "Badass!"

Langa's feat caught the attention of a couple children, who said the same thing. Glancing over at Reki, something seemed a little off in his eyes and smile. They weren't as genuine as they usually were. He caught me staring before I looked away bashfully. "C-Come on guys! We got to get to school!!" Both were hesitant, however, they both followed after me.

"Hi (Y/N)! You should come over today!! I kind of have a hot date and I was hoping you could do my make-up and hair!!"

"Can you do mine too?!" Were only two of the many things thrown my way. Ever since I went to that 'girl hangout,' all the girls have been asking me to help them with their make-up, however, I always told them that wearing a lot of make-up on a first date wasn't that fantastic of an idea. After all, the poor guy would get catfished.

"Hey (Y/N)?" Reki questioned, making me look from the girls back to him. The two whispered into each other's ears, telling one another how cute of a couple Reki and I would be. 'I should have never answered that damn question...' I thought, before he continued, "Do you want to hang out at Crazy Rock tonight? We can ride the half pipe together." He smiled, before I nodded my head.

"I'm not coming in costume though~" I cooed out; however, the news didn't disappoint Reki.

"I-I'm okay, with whatever you're okay with!" He exasperated, which shocked me for a moment, before I gave him a large smile again. I went home that day. Obviously. As I started reaching for my keys, the slick black car made itself known. 'Shit, I forgot it was Monday!' The window rolled down to reveal Tadashi. "Hey, um, Tadashi? I can't work today."