Chapter 49: Our Infinity!

It took some convincing, but my brother finally lifted my 'home arrest' so I could see Langa and Adam's match. I promised him that I would be with my friend group the entire time. I put on Victory Curls's outfit, before doing my make-up and hair. Getting done, I grabbed my skateboard and hurriedly made my way to Joe's restaurant. "You're late Curls." Joe huffed sarcastically, obviously not meaning it.

"Sorry, girl's got to do her hair, just the same as Shadow man over there has to do his Kiss make-up." Before Shadow could yell at me, we decided to head out. Since I came by motorcycle, Joe and I rode side by side, as everyone else was stuffed in Shadow's car. Once coming upon the entrance, we were met with a traffic jam. "What is going on?" I questioned. Before we were told to walk from here on. We did so, before stopping at a large screen. Langa continued up the track.

"What is up with that course?" Reki queried, looking around at the scenery.

"If they slip off the track, they're dead for sure." An overhead view of the track came into view as I looked closely at it. The roads were slim, and a steep cliff bordered the two.

"Why'd we trade the normal course for a deathtrap?" Shadow questioned. I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not, but I didn't really want to know. Suddenly, two hands were placed on my shoulders softly. Looking up, I was met with Tadashi.

"The entrance to the abandoned factory got sealed off due to the storm earlier this morning. Adam asked for this as a replacement." He explained briefly, before standing a little off to the side.

"We used this back in the day. When 'S' first started." Cherry reminisced, before grimacing at the very thought.

"It was deemed too dangerous and got banned." Joe stated, as we all looked back to the screens.

"He said it was appropriate for tonight." Tadashi voiced, before I held onto Reki's shoulder.

"...Langa." We murmured at the same time, right before the race started up. They flipped a coin at the very top before taking off completely. Adam took the lead almost immediately, but Langa wasn't close to giving up this early. They maneuvered with such grace, that I was shocked that neither of them went near the edge. Langa, at a horseshoe, started to drift toward a ramp like rock. "Stay on the track, bro." Joe muttered out, before Cherry yelled out a quick:

"He's gonna fall!" However, Reki and I knew he could do it.

"Langa! Do it!" Reki yelled. He did his usual Backside Rodeo, however, Adam had performed the same move. The only thing was, he was higher than Langa. 'This is to mock him...' I thought, continuing to watch with my arms crossed over my chest. Langa was still behind, even after landing the move. Right after they landed, Adam attempted to do his Love Hug, however, it was transferred into a Full Swing Kiss.

"It's a combination attack!" Shadow bellowed.

"Dodge it, dude!" Reki yelled, before Langa completely crouched backwards to avoid Adam's board. It didn't distract the grim reaper for too long. Langa managed to pull ahead, but this race was far from over. Adam grabbed onto his board again, attempting to crash it down on the snow boy. Langa wheeled around, forfeiting his lead, so he wouldn't get injured.

"Just how fast do they wanna go?"

"All the way, Miya. They want to reach a state where they have no clue about their surroundings. The zone is their main goal." I stated, holding the boy close in order to comfort him in some way.

"It's too dangerous." Cherry spoke in a mumble, however, we all heard him. "If they stray off the main line at all, they'll crash." The camera just couldn't keep up. That was until the cave had disappeared. They weren't moving as they should have.