Chapter 30: Step Like A Marionette

"Hey, (Y/N)! Do you want to hang out after school today?! We can go to the skatepark or a restaurant or something." Reki offered, making me smile, however, I remembered a certain job that I couldn't quit without an expensive lawyer.

"Sorry Reki, I wish I could, but I got to head into work today."

"Oh... alright... well, just let us know when you get done. We can all do something, okay?!" Reki had always managed to bring a smile to my face. I sweetly smiled in his direction before nodding. This small conversation was during the last break of school. I sat at my desk, doodling anything I felt like as Reki and Langa talked behind me, occasionally including me in their conversations. I would let out chuckles every which way, before our last class started. I fiddled with my pencil nervously, as I didn't focus on the lesson. Rather, I was worrying myself over Ainosuke. The last time I saw him, I jabbed his foot with my heel, before leaving without his oh-so important 'permission.' I knew well that Ainosuke wasn't the type of person to easily forgive. Something bad was going to happen today and I felt it with a good deal of passion.

When the bell finally rang, I started to pack up my things. That was before someone tapped my shoulder. It was neither of my two whole friends, but Hozuka Sakae, the most popular girl in the class. She was the stereotypical girl next door, who found a way to relate to everyone. She acted nice, but deep down, I knew she didn't really like me all that much. The reason? God knows. "Hello (Y/N) (L/N). I'm having a little get together with all the girls in our class, and I wished to extend the invitation out to you."

"Really?"

"Of course! I wouldn't want to exclude anyone! Here is the address. The little party is tomorrow after school. I hope to see you there, okay?~" She cooed out, trying to act as cute as possible in front of her crush. Also known as Snow Boy. I nodded, with a soft smile before she walked off to her usual friend group. 'I'm not friends with any of these people... in fact, all my friends are guys... Maybe this won't be a bad thing.' Walking outside there was no car at the front, which made me breathe out a sigh in relief. Upon making it to my house, the slick black car was parked a little ways away. 'Great...' I huffed before getting changed. I entered the car, before buckling myself in.

"Good afternoon, Miss (L/N). I hope your weekend was adequate." Tadashi greeted, before he started driving. I held Victory Curls's skateboard next to me, as I stared out the window. I sent a quick smile through the mirror before continuing to look outside.

"It was. Was your weekend any good?" I questioned back. He gave me a knowing look before I retracted my statement, "Sorry, I forgot that you have no breaks, other than the ones he's legally supposed to give you."

"Master Ainosuke is expecting your arrival. He appears to be in a good mood today, but please be on guard. Master Ainosuke is a tad unstable." I questioned what 'unstable' meant, before he continued, "It means that you have to be obedient today, no matter how strong your temper is." Pulling up to the building, I jumped out, feeling more than nervous. I had done this four times already, and I still felt an urge to vomit. Tadashi went into his office first, as I waited patiently on a chair. I held Victory Curls's skateboard to my chest, as I continued to wait. The door opened again. "Master Ainosuke would like his usual. Be sure to be prompt and give him said drink at a good time." I nodded before going into the break room. As I made it, I noticed that they were out of a couple things. 'Odd, they were here last week. I even hid them so this wouldn't happen...' I wanted to ask Tadashi for help, but he wasn't even near the room. I also didn't want to keep Adam long. So I opted to take the punishment for what it was, no matter how humiliating it may have been. I wasn't thinking straight that day, give me a break. I took a deep breath before entering his office.

"תפוח~ Welcome. I hope your weekend wasn't too boring without me in it~" He cooed, as I let out a small, vague hum that would either make his day or break my own. Placing the coffee in front of him, I remained standing, knowing deep down that he was about to go on a psychotic rant. "Mm, תפוח~ This isn't correct."