Chapter 13: Double Hearing

'(Y/N)... wake up~ After all, we need to talk~' I woke up Saturday morning, at seven. I felt sore and overall groggy; However, I mostly felt confused. I looked around the room, wondering if that voice was in my head. No one was in the room. Just myself and a spider in the corner. 'Hey! Are you listening?! Hello~ Earth to Curls?!!' The voice continued to haunt me in an undeniable fashion, as I refused to answer whoever she was. Grabbing my headphones I placed them over my ears before blasting music into them. 'Did you really think that music would help you escape?' I listened to every song I had until seven turned to eight thirty. Taking my headphones off, the voice came back, 'Are you done, mouse? Good~ Now time for the talk~'

I got dressed into something decent, before slowly making my way down the stairs. My brother was at the table, eating a bowl full of Fruit Loops. 'Hey! Why are you ignoring me?!'

'Get out of my head already...' I begged, sitting at the table with my freshly poured bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios. I rubbed my temples in a stressed manner, waiting for this voice to speak again. She soon did.

'Oh~ So you can hear me. How pretentious can you be, huh?!' She blared, before I silently groaned under my breath. I asked myself mentally why this of all things was happening. After all, I have never had an inner voice like this before. I wondered if I was going insane, 'Insane isn't the right word dear~'

'Who are you?' I questioned, taking a couple bites of my food.

'I thought it was obvious. After all, I'm your stronger half.' A moment of mental silence, 'However, I'll tell you anyway... I'm Bombshell dear~' Spitting out the milk and cereal in my mouth, it all went on my brother's shirt.

"Ugh! (Y/N)!! This was my last clean shirt, besides my ugly plaid one!!" My brother yelled out of frustration, before running up to the closest and pulling out a nice jacket. I muttered a quick sorry, before he sighed in my direction, "Are you doing okay?" He asked, making me shake my head. He came over to my figure before placing the back of his hand on my forehead. "Hm... you aren't burning up, but you do look pretty pale." He looked about before excusing himself for a moment.

'Oh~ Looks like someone got in trouble~' This was getting old fast. From the upstairs I heard my brother talking to someone on the phone. 'Well, I leave you alone for now, little mouse~ Just know that you are never going to shake me.' I wondered who it could have been, before reclining back in my chair. My brother soon returned to the main room. "Who were you on the phone with?"

"Kojiro. He's going to check in on you in a bit, so stay at the house until he does, alright?" I nodded my head confusedly, before my brother lovingly rubbed my hair, "Don't cause too much trouble, dimwit." He stated, before grabbing his things.

"Don't get detention at school." I retorted, before he glared at me again.

"I don't go to school, (Y/N). I teach at a university." He corrected, as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah, you go to school." I restated. This drove him up the wall, however, he was too busy to lash out verbally. He sighed before waving me off.

"... I see you are already feeling better. Bye weirdo." He bid, before leaving me alone with my own thoughts. My thoughts wondered back to Bombshell. After all, I thought I completely detached myself from her, so why has her voice appeared? I retraced my steps. The first time I heard her was this morning. Last night was my first loss, which was against a beef cake. I put a finger on my chin, as I tried to connect the dots. 'Alright, did the result of Joe's win last night trigger her to wake up? And if it did then was it because I was upset about losing, or was it for a completely different reason? Because, I have accepted Joe's victory last night as well as my failure. I... have no idea what the hell is going on...'