Chapter 25: Fired

"Was that your brother?" Joe questioned, as I nodded. Taking my bag and flinging it over my shoulder. I glanced back at the two men.

"I got to get home. I'll see you two later!" I bid goodbye, before running home. I hoped to God that my brother didn't find the cash I got from Ainosuke, however, I thought that I hid it pretty well. 'There is no way he could have found it, right?' I assured, before getting inside. My brother was on the couch, playing his PlayStation. When I closed the door, he paused the game and looked back at me.

"Sit down." I did as instructed, before he pulled out Ainosuke's envelope. JoJo opened it to reveal the stack of cash. I gulped back any fear that I had. "Where did you get this?" He questioned. I would have been angry that he went through my room, but I didn't necessarily hide the money. I lazily threw under my bed, so it might have been easy to see. On that note, I also should have been angry that he would assume the worse, but I understood why he did.

"I got it at my job..." I answered, looking away from him, however, this sent him on another rant.

"What job gives their employees this type of cash?! A strip club?!!" Before I could retaliate, he continued to cry out, "I can't believe my sister is a dirty stripper... Selling her body to random men..." He then took out his phone, before calling someone, "Ma! I have something to confess!!"

"Give me that!" I yelled out, before hanging up entirely, "I'm not working at a strip club, dumbass! I'm working as an assistant for a... politician..." My brother's obsessive crying dialed down entirely, before the atmosphere went from one extreme to another.

"A politician you say..." I nodded my head, wishing that I didn't say that, however, the truth was going to come out anyway, "And... this politician... he should be well known enough for me to know right? Who is this mystery man you are working for?" I stayed quiet for a moment, not wanting to answer. My brother continued to glare bloody daggers at me, as I tried to gain the courage to answer him.

"... Ainosuke Shindo..." With that, my brother became a raging mess again. This time I understood why.

"What the actual hell, (Y/N)?! Don't you know who that guy is?!! What he's done?!!!" My brother yelled out.

"Yeah, he's Adam." I responded.

"Oh, okay so you do remember- Wait, that's even worse! That means you know what that guy has done to my legs! What he's done to you!!" He bellowed, before shoving one of Ainosuke's promotional posters in my face. 'Why does my brother have to be so weird...' I thought, as he continued to rant, "He is literally the devil's spawn!! What were you thinking?!"

"Look he approached me at the park and asked if I needed a job. He pays well for me not really doing anything." I briefly explained, before he went off on a tangent.

"(Y/N)... he's paying you too much for comfort. It is obvious that he wants something else out of you. Then, you are going to feel indebted to him when it is all said and done. Adam ALWAYS has an ulterior motive. That is a fact!" Huffing a sigh, I glanced over at my brother. He seemed rather distraught and worried. His hands were clasped tightly, and I didn't really know what to say.

"JoJo, do you want me to quit?" I questioned softly, as he nodded his head. Embracing him in order to comfort him, I continued, "I have work tomorrow. I'll quit then, okay?"

"Thank you." He breathed out.

"You're welcome."

...

Getting out of school, I noticed the slick black car in front of the school again. 'I thought Tadashi said... you know what, I don't care.' Placing down my brother's skateboard, I escaped from the crowd of curious students before riding off towards home. However, a block or two away from the school. The car pulled up again, except this time, the back window rolled down. Tadashi was in the driver's seat, so there was only one possible person that could be back there. Approaching the window, I was met with the same sickening smile. "Why didn't you hop in at your school gate?~" He questioned, obviously annoyed, however, he was pretty good at hiding it.