Chapter 36: Steamy Mystery Skating?! Pt. 3

"Woah it's Bombshell VS. Orion! This is going to be epic!"

"Hell yeah it is! Orion has only been apart of the VSA for two weeks yet he's already matching up to the founding members!!"

"Who do you think is going to win?!"

"Orion, defiantly! Bombshell doesn't have a chance against a prodigy!"

Were only a couple things that were said that day. It is said that August 15 is an unlucky date. In 483 BC Buddha died. 1040 King Duncan I of Scotland was killed in battle against his first cousin and rival Macbeth. In 1635, the first recorded American hurricane hits the Plymouth Colony. 1914: A male servant of American architect Frank Lloyd Wright murdered seven people in the architect's Wisconsin home, Taliesin, and burned the living quarters to the ground. And so on...

August 15 was the date, about a year before the current moment I was in. The VSA had been thriving for six month. Bombshell had taken the role as the hardest opponent to beat. She was on a winning streak. Bombshell then and Bombshell now were very distinct from each other. In fact past Bombshell and Victory Curls were more or less the same. August 15th marked the date where everything changed. Bombshell, a hardworking champion, was going against Orion, a prodigy who has only just started skateboarding a month ago. This was a race for the crown. A bloodied one that I should have lost.

All it took was one dirty move and an intense fear of abandonment for Bombshell to win. I swore. She swore to never cheat like that again, however, harder opponents would keep appearing. Again and again. A line of better skateboarders lined up for miles. Bombshell and Victory Curls would drift away from one another.

'I don't want to lose!'

...

"What? So there's no hot spring here anywhere?" Reki exasperated. Who would have guessed that we traveled all the way out here for nothing? Well, not necessarily nothing. I got to spend time with my friends, which would have been a first.

"You should've double checked before we left." Miya huffed, even though this hot spring was directly his idea. Nevertheless, I ignored the smaller boy. Gracefully, Cherry put down a map of the local area.

"The hostess gave me this map. It's in the mountains five kilometers from here. And it's listed as a secluded hot spring." Kaoru stated, pointing his finger over the surface of the map. I opted to look at the roadway. This was all dandy and things, but I soon realized that going to the hot spring probably wasn't a good idea. After all, I was one girl with a much of men, and one small child. Even if I did bring a swimsuit to the hot spring, the guys probably wouldn't wear anything at all. 'Maybe I should stay behind...' I thought.

"Five kilometers, huh? Sounds like the perfect distance to have a beef." Joe smirked, before glancing over at my figure. Langa decided to answer the green-haired chef's remark.

"Oh. Yeah." He replied.

"Did someone say beef? I'm in! Let's go!!" Shadow busted into the room, seeming okay for passing out from two sips of sake. The memory replayed in my mind as a small snicker escaped past my lips.

"Wow, full hair and make-up." Joe commented. Before I slapped my hands against the table.

"Seriously?! How dare you mimic Kiss without even knowing who they are?!! I thought we talked about this!!" I yelled out, never going to let him forget.

"I thought you were sleeping off your hangover." Miya stated, before Shadow finally answered.

"Only the weak me is derailed by booze. Now the mask is in control!" I cringed at everything that just happened, before sitting back down. 'This is insulting...' Bombshell murmured, as I let out a small sigh. Langa reached over me to point at a certain location on the map.