Chapter 22: The Joker And The Fool

I turned to meet his gaze again, however, I opted to not speak. "Now? Answer me something. You're... a teenage girl in a skatepark almost after dark. Aren't you afraid of being attacked in the blanket of night?"

"No, not necessarily, sir." I answered blankly, continuing to watch the fading sun.

"Oh! And why is that?" He questioned, pretending to sound surprised, however, I saw through his ruse. This man has been fooling everyone else, but he certainly wasn't deceiving me.

"I'm not at liberty to answer your question. I have a right to keep what I seem fit in my own brain." My (E/C) eyes trailed back to the smiling male, before I continued, "In any case, you are no better than I with manners. After all, you haven't spoken your name. Granted I already know who you are, but it is still rude." I testified, as he continued to stare daggers into my skull.

"You already know who I am? My, a smart girl you are. If you're so sure about my identity, then why don't we test your intuition. Who, exactly, do you think I am?" He questioned, as I continued to glare. 'I don't know... you kinda look like a bastard to me...' Bombshell voiced, as I huffed a quick chuckle. I decided to not answer, for a moment.

"You're Adam. Ainosuke Shindo if you would prefer." I revealed, tilting my head back for a moment of rest. Glancing over at his expression, I witnessed an impressed gap before he returned back to normal. "I'm guessing you know who I am too, if you decided to come meet me." Sitting up, I pointed my finger in his direction, proceeding to glare at him intensely, "I'll make this very clear. You seem like the type to avoid situations similar to this kind of interaction unless you have something important to bring to light. Nevertheless, I'm not interested in whatever you have to say, and I don't wish to hear it." The male pouted mockingly, as Bombshell growled in my skull.

"Oh~ That's too bad~" He stood up from the bench, before walking around my figure. His eyes... those evil red eyes belonged to the devil. The aura coming off of this man screamed danger, however, I didn't run away. He was everything I despised. "You know... What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come-sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance, and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person." His long fingers danced over my shoulder, slowly making their way up to my face. He suddenly grabbed my chin from behind, making me look back at him, "Now~ I want to know why the Victory Curls from a couple days ago is different from the Victory Curls two nights ago. Perhaps arrogance was what defiled you last night..." Rapidly, he let go of my face, before standing right in front of me, "However, I'm willing to be gracious. Victory Curls lost two nights ago. I raced against my snow bunny, but the police got in the way of my love~" I looked at him as if he was crazy, probably because he was. Suddenly, my eyes landed on a briefcase off to the side of the bench, however the blue-haired menace grabbed my face again so I would look away.

"Please let go!" I muffled out, before he obliged. Adam grabbed his briefcase, before opening it beside me. There was only a couple things in there. The most interesting thing was a large stack of paperwork. "Why did you decide to approach me?"

"Weren't you listening, Curls?~ My, you're so forgetful~" He sat back down, as I stayed in my spot completely frozen. "I was pointing out your loss two nights ago, however... the way you skated~ It was more than I could bare~ You showcased so much potential..." His finger trailed from the bench to my shoulder, down my arms, and to my fingers. I've dealt with creeps like that before, but this guy was on a whole different level. "So many promising rookies this time around~" Pulling away slightly, he paused his speech before returning to something more normal, "Anyway, I hear you are looking for a job! I'm willing to have you as an assistant on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons. You have weekends, Tuesdays, and Thursdays off, unless I need you. You would get me coffee and entertain me for a couple of hours." Before I could get a word in, he cut me off, "And you wouldn't have to worry about anything illegal. I would never commit such heinous acts against you, dear תפוח~."