Chapter 26: Dust

"Pssh... (Y/N)... Come to the window..." A voice spoke from my window. It was a Thursday night, and I just wanted to die, so I didn't have to go to work the next day. Now, most people don't like work because they hate their job, their coworkers, the conditions, or their boss. Maybe all those things! For me, it was just my boss, Mr. Ainosuke Shindo, the secret founder of 'S,' dubbed as Adam. In general, I didn't know much about him, but at that point, I didn't care. Back to the situation, I glanced out the window to see Reki and Langa on Dope Sketch's motorcycle. They both smiled up at me, urging me to join them. I thought about it for a second, remembering about my so called, 'break.' However I remembered that I had another persona, myself.

"I'll be down in a second..." I whispered, getting dressed into something suitable. Taking my brother's board, I went back to my room before climbing down the tree next to my window. I opted to wear a dark green tee-shirt, black shorts, black Vans, and a dark navy sweatshirt. I styled my hair in a braid. "Can we all fit on that motorcycle of yours?"

"Yeah, if you sit in between the both of us, we should have enough room." Reki whispered, as we did just that. Langa was driving, I was in the middle, holding onto his chest for dear life, and Reki had his good arm wrapped around my stomach. Making it to the 'S' tracks, we got in, before parking the bike. It felt like a hot minute since I had been at the tracks.

"Is your arm doing better, Reki?" I asked, holding my board to my chest. The red-head nodded sweetly.

"Yeah, it's doing better. The doctor says that it still needs a couple weeks." Reki sighed, obviously bummed out that he couldn't really skateboard anything hardcore for a while. I promised myself that night that I wouldn't skate unless someone was with Reki. There was a discoloration in his eyes. They seemed dimmer than usual.

"Do you want to me sign it?" Reki was confused, so I decided to elaborate, "In America, anytime someone breaks an arm, people usually sign the cast just to make the person feel a little better."

"People in the States really do that?!" Reki laughed out, so it was my turn to be a little more than baffled, "Sure, I don't mind... I actually think I have a... Aha!" Magically, the red-head pulled a black sharpie out of his back pocket before giving it to me. Instead of writing anything, Langa came back to the two of us, before we went to the skating ramp. As Langa went off to have some fun, I sat Reki down on a rock, before pulling out the sharpie. "You know (Y/N)... you're really sweet." A large blush appeared on my face, as I almost messed up my penmanship.

"R-Really?!" I questioned, louder than I should have. He let out a small chuckle before rubbing the back of his head. The red-head gave me a small 'yeah,' as a large, flustered smile appeared on my features, "W-Well. I'm glad you think so... because you're really cool and stuff, so..." It was Reki's turn to be a flustered mess, as I continued to work on his cast. I opted to draw a couple doodles, since I was bored. "You know... back in the States, I didn't have many friends. Much less, people who called me sweet."

"What?! But you're so cool, (Y/N)!! How could you not have friends?!!" Silence filled the air, as a memory of people walking away came to mind, specifically a good friend of mine. Left alone, on top of the mountain. I never wanted that to happen again.

"I'm just not likeable I suppose. Merely a speck of dust, in the eyes of my peers." I muttered, however, the red-head heard it loud and clear. He placed his other hand on my shoulder, gaining my attention.

"Hey, never say that about yourself, (Y/N)." A comfortable silence filled the noisy atmosphere. "It doesn't matter what happened in the States, cause you have friends now, right?!" Another smile. A beautiful smile, that felt like all the happiness in the world kissed my cheek. We looked back to the skating Langa, who was out classing everyone around him left and right.