Chapter 9: Ripped Away Masks

And undeniably, it was. I carried Carla on my back all day, since I was paranoid that the board would get stolen. I got asked about it from all my teachers, some of my peers, and once or twice on Reki's end. To top it all off, I was annoyed the entire day. Why? Simply put, but body wasn't listening to me. I was sore all over and I felt too tired for any of this. I wanted to crawl into my bed, wrap myself in a blanket burrito, and never come out. Nevertheless, I would do as my brother asked. I mean, it wasn't like I was doing it for free. Though, even if I was asked to do it without any reward, I eventually would have.

Cherry Blossoms continued to fall from the trees as I walked along the sidewalk. Pre-school kids ran around me for a while and random people told me 'good afternoon.' Laughter, warmth, and light encompassed the calm before the storm, as a large smile hung on my features. It was a beautiful day...

"Hey Carla?" I asked, pulling the AI skateboard out of the holster. The AI soon answered.

"Yes (Y/N)?" Carla queried, making me smile.

"Do... you think your Master would mind if I rode you around for a while?" The AI was silent for a second before she answered.

"I advise against it, but I do not mind either way." In my head, I wondered how my brother created an off-brand AI assistant that was more effective than any other AI I had talked to. I found it amazing how Carla had a mind of her own to an extent. Placing down the board, I took another moment to weigh my options. 'To hell with it!' I thought, before jumping on. The board felt a lot smoother than I first anticipated. It was like Carla had suspension. "At the next turn make a forty-five degree angle."

"Wha-" Before I could process the situation, I drove myself write into a brick wall.

"You made a zero degree turn instead of a forty-five degree turn." Carla commented, as I rubbed whatever was in pain.

"Thanks Carla." I ridiculed, before getting back on the board. "Hey, Carla, tell me when we are two blocks away from your Master's workplace." The AI agreed, before I continued on my merry way. Once the destination was almost met, I got off Carla and put her back in the skateboard holster. 'She drove like a dream. Whoever has her as a board must be formidable.' I thought, before checking the address once more. 'Sakurayashiki Calligraphy... That quite an odd name...' Looking at the name on the sticky note I jolted at the sight. 'Kaoru Sakurayashiki?! He must own this place then!!'

Walking inside, I was greeted with a great amount of Japanese aesthetic. I checked the address again, to make sure I wasn't in the wrong place. Oddly enough, the address was correct. Walking up to the reception desk, as lady in a yukata smiled at me. "How may I help you?"

"Um..." I stuttered, grasping the sticky note with great passion, "I'm h-here to see Kaoru Sakurayashiki... I have a delivery from... M-Miss Carla." I spoke, just as my brother wanted told me. The lady got up from her desk before leading me to her boss. Opening the door, for me, she said he'll be in the room in a couple moments. I saw down on the floor, not having much to do. I had my phone, but I wasn't sure if Reki and Langa were even free enough to talk. I waited there for five minutes, before the sliding door reopened. A pink-haired male with said strands tied into a loose, low ponytail, stood before me. His amber eyes were masked by intellectual glasses, and he wore a traditional yukata. He looked too familiar.

And then it hit me! That was the guy I flipped over when I was heading to the skatepark for the first time!! 'Crap...' I thought, as he sat down across from me. "Why hello there. You said you had my delivery?" The male spoke, as I nodded shyly. I gave him the case, before he took Carla out and inspected it. He seemed satisfied, so I tried to leave. Note the word try. "Won't you stay a little longer? After all, I have been most curious to meet JoJo's little sister." Doing as he asked, I sat back down. We fell into another moment of silence. "My you do look a lot like your brother." He complimented kindly, putted a fan over his lips.