Chapter 23: Pleasantly Bad Company

"So (Y/N), did you manage to find a part time job?" Reki questioned, as he walked beside me. Langa was a little ahead as he practiced grinds and flips. I smiled over to the talking individual.

"Yeah, I did. Though... I'm still not really sure about it. I guess if I don't like it, I could always quit, you know?" I smiled, before looking back at Langa, "I really do wish I was able to work with you guys though. That would have been so much fun!" I commented, as Reki returned the energy.

"Totally! I should have lied about you knowing how to make a skateboard... Oka would have totally hired you..." I gasped at Reki confession before playfully hitting his arm; However, it was a bad arm, so he winced in pain. "Ow!" He yelped, as I spoke many apologies, "(Y/N), it's fine. It didn't even hurt too much." Reki laughed, as I did the same.

"You're such a jerk!" I joked, as Reki ran up the road to escape my fury, as he continued to laugh. I caught up to him and Langa before we entered the school grounds. "Hey guys, I need to head to the office for one of those part time job sheets. I won't be too long. Go on ahead." Reki nodded in affirmation, before he walked up to the classroom, however, Langa decided to stay behind. "You don't have to stay, Langa! You can head to class."

"No, I'm good." He stated, continuing to stand next to me. Getting the sheet, I placed it in a folder before thanking the lady at the desk. "Can I tell you something, (Y/N)?" I nodded sweetly, before he continued, "I really liked dancing with you last night. I haven't done something like that in a long time, so thank you." A flicker of sadness capacitated his eyes, as I looked into them. At that moment, I realized that I really didn't know Reki and Langa all that well. But at the same time, it wasn't really my business, until they felt comfortable telling me their burdens. We walked back to class and made it in right before the bell. Reki was sketching something in his notebook, as the day went on. When lunch break came around, I looked behind me to see what he was drawing. Surprisingly, Reki was drawing something American looking. He glanced up at me, before hiding his book to his chest.

"(Y-Y/N)!" He yelled, gaining the talkative classes' attention, however, everything went back to normal after a good second. "Sorry, you scared me."

"No need to apologize." I assured, before taking another look at his drawings. At the top of the page was the name Victory Curls. A small gasp escaped my lips before I continued to look over the paper. From top to bottom was different designs and ideas for boards and such. There were a few poor drawings of myself, however, I was more flattered than anything. As I looked over all the pencil marks, Reki eventually put the notebook away. He was embarrassed that I even saw it. "There is no need to be embarrassed, Reki, I really like your drawings." I assured, before looking at him in the eye. Langa watched from the side as he ate away at a convenience store sub. "I'm going to get a water or something. Do you two need anything?" They shook their heads, before I left the classroom.

A moment of silence ensued between the two boys, before Langa decided to break the ice.

"You like her." Langa started, as Reki's face became a stark red. The dork mumbled out utter nothings as Langa finally finished his sandwich.

"N-N-No, I don't!" Reki finally formed, as a large blush covered over his cheeks. However he wasn't even close to fooling Langa for a single second.

"So you do like her... interesting." The blue-haired boy thought out loud, before pulling out some more snacks to munch on. Reki was practically shaking from awkwardness as he glared at his friend.

"What's so interesting about it?! She's just a cute girl and I'm just a... um... boy?" Reki let out, before plopping his head on his desk. Langa looked back over to his friend in some concern. 'Why would he say it like that?' Langa thought, before questioning Reki further.