Chapter 8: An Innocent Bribe

I took the lead almost immediately. I was taking it easy with Shadow the first time, so it was time to kick it up a notch.

Upon coming to the first corner, I successfully did a Rail Side, before gaining more of a lead. Having some pity, I slowed my pace the tiniest bit, before rounding the second corner. I leaned into it all the way, making the illusion that I was standing sideways. Upon approaching the plethora of rocks I skipped the last time, I started to do Gazelle Flips, No Complies, and Nerd Flips everywhere I could. I got through the rubble, while my opponent was stationed close behind. He must have trained quite a bit. I turned around to look at him, giving him a blow kiss, easily distracting him long enough for me to swerve to the side. He went straight into a boulder in the middle of the way before I continued forward.

Getting to the warehouse, my opponent came behind me, and was furious. 'He's fast.' I thought, however, I wasn't too worried. With a grind, he managed to get past me, which I was initially planning on before reaching the stairs. The opponent rode down the stairs slowly but surely. I took the opportunity to Ollie onto the metal rail and slid down at lightning speed. For the gap in the middle of the rail, I gripped the edge of my board, using my upper body strength to jump high enough to get over it. However, the sound of the skateboard cracking gave me anxiety. The moment I passed over the finish line, Bombshell's board snapped in half, sending me flying toward bystanders. I won, but at the cost of Bombshell's board.

Large hands caught me, before I looked up into the individual's eyes. Amber ones met my own. It was Cherry Blossom. "Thank you!" I spoke, smiling at him greatly, before going over to my destroyed board. 'I needed a new one anyway...' My opponent stomped off in a huff, as a crowd formed around me.

"That was so cool, Curls!" I heard.

"Yeah, that was awesome!!" Another screamed.

This feeling... made me want to cry tears of joy. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I held my broken board with pride, as I smiled at everyone who congratulated me. 'Victory Curls...' I wondered, 'The name is not bad... not bad at all...' And just like that, my new name was Victory Curls. Curls for short. Though the name was on the plainer side and was only significant because that was how my hair was styled, I really liked it. It... was my new identity. And I was happy.

...

"Ngh... wasn't that wonderful?! I can feel my body shake from excitement~" He moaned, as his butler stood behind him. The butler looked at the screens. Half of them were of a boy named Langa... and the other half were of myself.

How worried the butler was... but for what reason? I would never truly know.

...

As I walked out to my motorcycle, I was about to hop on before, I was stopped by the sound of two skateboards. Joe and Cherry were the culprits. Joe was on his usual skateboard; however, Cherry was on another one. 'Wasn't his skateboard like pink and futuristic?' I pondered, before returning to the task at hand. They stopped in front of me, as I gave them wide smiles. Not finding a way to not sound rude, I stayed quiet and let them contemplate their own thoughts. Cherry was the first to speak. "You did quite well, Victory Curls. Too bad your board had to snap on you." He spoke, as a slightly hummed.

"It's alright. It... wasn't really my board anyhow." I responded, feeling the broken board still on my back. "Is there a reason you two went out of your way to meet me right when I was leaving?" They looked at each other, before Joe rubbed the back of his neck.

"I wanted ask you out again, Curls. Nothing more. Nothing less. I promise I'll be good to you~" Joe cooed, as Cherry slightly glared at him. In a swift moment, Cherry slapped the larger male over the head, before apologizing.