Chapter 20: Recovery

I woke up in a cold sweat, feeling like I awoke from an awful dream. The last thing I remembered was falling and looking up to a rusted ceiling. The moon flooded in from the broken top. My eyes trailed out my window to see that it was early in the afternoon. 'What happened...' I questioned myself, holding my head in my hands. Off to the right, my skateboard came into view. It was still alright. I silently grabbed it before tracing my fingers on the decals and the wheels.

"I hope you know that you're lucky." A voice spoke. I looked to my bedroom door to see my brother smiling. He walked over to my bed before sitting on it idly. A small chuckle escaped his lips. One laced with concern and amazement. "You did amazing last night, though, you did lose, and you would have died if no one caught you." I leaned back into my pillow, as I continued to hold Victory Curls's board, constantly playing with the wheels. "I just... didn't know that... you were planning on using Bombshell."

"I didn't use Bombshell... Bombshell used me." I muttered, holding my board tighter. My brother continued to look on with worry.

"Has she been the voice that has been talking to you?" My brother questioned, before I nodded softly, "Ah jeez... (Y/N), you don't need to do that anymore. I thought you told me that this is a clean slate where you can restart." I stayed quiet, "You also said that you don't want to be seen like Bombshell anymore." I heaved, as I listened to my brother carefully.

"I know I-" I was then cut off.

"-made a stupid mistake?" He questioned with a smile on his features. I nodded, before he let out a soft chuckle. "Do you remember what I told you when you arrived in Okinawa for the first time?" He questioned. 'If you really want to escape from Bombshell, you've no other choice but to keep evolving. Never aim down though, because that is a total Bombshell move, so keep moving up. Practice, gain technique, find some skater friends, or some crap! I don't care!! You love skateboarding, don't you?' Was what he said to me... it wasn't even that long ago.

"To keep evolving... but I just returned to her for help. I didn't manage to escape from her. I-" I was then cut off again by my brother grabbing my hand. He squeezed my hand in comfort as I looked into alike eyes. The only difference was the tears escaping from my own.

"You turning back to Bombshell wasn't a cool move... But I'm not going to lie... I see why you did it, so I'm not mad. Besides you put on a show. That damned joker was furious that you got the best of him!" He laughed heartily, "But... I'm proud of you."

"For going to Bombshell?" I queried, feeling disappointed in myself.

"No, for following my advice." My eyes trailed up to his in questioning before he decided to happily elaborate, "You made so many friends, (Y/N). And you started to learn that skateboarding was fun. Maybe not this time around, but those boys... Reki and Langa... they really care about you." A breath was held in for a single moment. 'Reki and Langa...' I thought, before he continued, "Joe and Cherry too. Even some... kid was crying, hoping that you were alright. Shadow seemed pretty worried as well." My friends... were there in my darkest hour. Tears continued to roll down my cheeks. "You say that you haven't made any progress but look at you! Look at all those friends of yours. I don't even care that you almost killed yourself or that they are all guys! Because you have some keepers in you mix." My brother lightly punched my shoulder, making me look up in his eyes again. "I'm proud of you, moron."

For the first time that day, I smiled. It was genuine. It was given full liberty. And my tears clashed with it. I let out a small chuckle, which quickly turned into a hearty laugh. My brother laughed along with me, as the sun shined on both of our faces. This moment felt even better than the feeling of winning. I'm sure even Bombshell could sense it. My brother informed me that he had to get to work and told me not to do anything stupid. I promised him this, before he was gone. There was only one question on my mind, what happened after I passed out.