Chapter 11: In The Name Of Happiness

As I walked to school, I was approached by Reki and Langa. It pleasantly appeared that Langa was getting the hang of the skateboard. "What up (Y/N)?!" Reki exasperated, as I smiled at the two.

"Good morning Reki, and a good morning to you too Langa." I greeted pleasantly, as they got off their boards to walk with me. 'Was this actually happening?! Do I actually have friends?!!' I thought loudly, before my cheeks became a light pink. The very idea of having companions brought a warm feeling to my heart.

"Good, good! I almost forgot my lunch, but I'm good!!" The red-head spouted happily, as I smiled in his direction, "Oh! Which reminds me..." He pulled a skateboard bag off his back, before opening it promptly. He gave my brother's board back to me. "I tuned up the bearings and replaced the trucks, since they didn't match all too well! The axels were also pretty worn out, so I changed those out too! You're welcome!!"

"Thank you, Reki!" Getting on the board, I rode a little ahead before Tic-Tacking. I rode around the small space gleefully, before riding back to the two teens. "It rides like a dream." I stated, before we opted to continue walking, "So how are you doing on my other board?" I asked sweetly, as Reki side glanced me with a grin. He pulled out his phone immediately, before showing me some of the pictures. The grip tap was already placed on the wooden deck, and it seemed like he was picking from a couple wheels as so on. I was pleasantly shocked that the deck tape was red, white, and blue. Along with it, the hardware was pure white, which brought a star like feel to the board.

"The board is ready to be decorated, but I still have to choose the trucks, bearings, and wheels. If you want, you can come to Dope Sketch after school, and we can decorate it together?" The red-head queried in a friendly manner, before I nodded my head intensely. As we made it to school, we hid our skateboards away, before walking up to the classroom.

"Hey Langa, did you finish the homework?" He shook his head, making me deadpan. Langa seemed and appeared to be a good student, so hearing him not do his homework was... kind of shocking. 'If perfect prince boy didn't do homework, then why should I?!' I proclaimed mentally, before turning in my work. I turned back to look at the two males, as I looked over at Reki's sketch book. There was all sorts of sketches that looked both cool and casual looking. Eventually, my eyes landed on a stick figure. On top of said stick figure's head was what appeared to be victory rolls. Before I could pay anymore attention to the red-head's sketch, Langa coughed into his hand, gaining my attention. Langa pointed to toward the chalkboard. Looking in that direction, I saw the teacher erasing a plethora of notes. 'Damnit...' I thought, before pulling out my notebook and taking the new notes.

"Hey, (Y/N), can I try your lunch?" Langa asked, practically drooling over my food. I had something pretty average. A sandwich, an apple, some baby carrots, and a couple sticks of string cheese. Childish? Yes. Did I care? Not necessarily. Reki didn't even bother looking up at the blue haired boy steadily growing closure to my food.

"Don't let him. He's just going to eat it all." Reki warned, giving me a quick smirk.

"You heard him." I stated teasingly, before he went back to his store bought sub. He seemed almost butt hurt that I didn't want to share, "I'll give you the leftovers if I get full though." I whispered, however, the red-haired dork just playfully glared at me, hoping I get everything I deserve for giving food to Langa, "Reki, you made a lot of progress on my board last night. Did you sleep at all?!" I chuckled, as Reki looked up from his meal once again. A small blush covered his cheeks from embarrassment.

"Of course I did!" He defended proudly, "I was just so excited to make one for you is all." A small pink blush covered my cheeks, as Langa lifted his head in thought.

"Yeah... he was so excited to work on your new board that we were on a phone call until two in the morning... I fell asleep around ten though." He deadpanned, as both Reki and I gave the crystal-eyed prince a shocked look. It was quiet for only a second, until Reki started to freak out.