𝒜𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓁 𝒮𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓅

❀   𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬   ❀
𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚊 𝚏𝚘𝚗𝚝
𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚛
𝚖𝚒𝚍 𝚜𝚒𝚣𝚎
𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐

۵

      ↳ THE WORLD WAS a terrifying place filled with those who thrived off money, power and deceiving

      ↳ THE WORLD WAS a terrifying place filled with those who thrived off money, power and deceiving. It was filled with dangerous people that believed their ways were the answer to all. That violence and weapons helped you achieve the impossible and gain what isn't yours.

      It showed a young Deborah that she had to survive on her own and not to put her faith in those around her lightly. Growing up surrounded by those dangerous men her mother once warned her of, it allowed her to learn from their mistakes and her own. It also gave her the shove she needed to find safety in others that weren't her kin.

      Which lead her into the lives of the Shelbys, more specifically, the door step of a young Polly Grey. Only a young half gypsy girl, starving and shivering by the door to 10 Watery Lane in Birmingham. An unknown town, bleak, dull and filled with the sounds of fires blazing and coal cracking and miles away from her home. With the sun and stars watching over her, she was fortunate enough to be taken into the loving home of Polly and her two children.

      After that night, the little ten year old girl swore to keep the memories of her old life locked away. The pain, anger, sadness and guilt that no child should experience at such a young age would be forgotten. It was time for a fresh start with people who could show her love again and protect her from the horrors of the world. The only person she trusted enough to reveal her life to was Polly but it took years of building trust to unlock those memories.

      Deborah became part of the Grey family and the Shelby family, growing up along side the many Shelby children. Arthur, the eldest at sixteen had her smiling for the first time in a long time. Then there was Thomas, thirteen years old and with eyes that had amazed Deborah fro first glance - filled with life and wonder. The youngest brother, John, was a trickster but he gave Deborah that boost of life she desperately needed. Finally, Ada the doe eyed little girl who became one of the most important women in Deborah's life. They were her family now.

      As the years went by and Deborah saw a brightness to her life, horrors weren't far around the corner. Poor Polly lost too much in the following years, the death of her husband and sister in law and soon after her two children were snatched from her care. It left Deborah Polly on their own, broken souls who now only truly had each other. But they survived and held it together to carry on.