𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝓌𝑜

FAMILY TIME AND CHARITY DINNERS

THE NEXT MORNING, Deborah was woken up to the sight of her husband and daughter standing over her

THE NEXT MORNING, Deborah was woken up to the sight of her husband and daughter standing over her. Tommy rushed her out of bed and to get dressed, explaining that they were spending the morning in the stables and gardens. When Deborah tried to question him about work, he shrugged her off and assured her that he had things taken care of.

"Horsey!" Victoria exclaimed, pointing at Tommy's new stallion.

Smiling at their daughter excitement, Tommy and Deborah strolled behind her while keeping an eye on her. The content young women clutched her husbands arm, but she couldn't help but notice how stiff Tommy was. His eyes were watching Veronica's every move and continuously examining their surroundings. He was on high alert since the troubles with the Changretta's.

"Relax." Deborah told him, squeezing his arm. "We're miles away from Small Heath and in our own home."

Tommy hummed and smoked his cigarette. "Just being careful." He said, before kissing the top of her head.

They reached the stables and Veronica suddenly rushed over towards the newborn filly. Tommy walked away to grab a bucket and food for the animal, while Deborah crouched down beside the excited toddler. She grasped Veronica's hand in her own and carefully ran it down the filly's face. Soon, the little girl decided she was capable of doing it herself and followed her mother's movements.

Tommy joined their crouched positions and began to feed the baby horse. "This girl is all yours, Ronnie. Daddy saved her especially for you." He revealed, as the horse started devouring the food.

Deborah's eyebrows raised at his news, annoyed he hadn't said anything about this to her. They had agreed the day that Veronica said her first word, while on a horse, that one day they would buy her one. Deborah had warned Tommy that she wanted to wait until their daughter was old enough to care for the horse herself. Of course, Tommy didn't listen and went behind his wife's back to treat his little girl to her own horse.

"Daddy never told mummy." Deborah sarcastically replied, eyeing the sheepish man.

"This little one's dad and his brother are going to make us a lot of money." Tommy said, as he pulled the empty bucket from the filly.

"Or lose us a lot of money." Deborah interjected.

"Who cares when they're such beautiful beasts, eh?" Tommy smiled at his wife.

After Veronica yanked on the horse's mane and nearly got a horse shoe to the face, Tommy guided her over to the water trough, where a few goldfish swam about. Deborah smiled at her little family and pulled Veronica's little hat further over her ears, keeping her warm.

Tommy poked the water, sending the goldfish swimming around, before he gestured for Veronica to try it. "Go on, Bub." He urged with a soft smile.

Veronica giggled and slammed her hands into the water, sending the fish swimming around in alert. She began splashing water at her father and screeched when Tommy swooped her from the ground and threw her in the air. Deborah watched in amusement as her husband playfully threw the laughing little girl into the air before catching her again.