𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

WELCOME TO THE MAD SHELBY FAMILY

      DEBORAH WALKED DOWN the streets of Small Heath, a light skip in her step

      DEBORAH WALKED DOWN the streets of Small Heath, a light skip in her step. Despite her lack of sleep and the wave of emotion that hit her the night before, she was delighted after sending her letter off. She took Tommy's advise and wrote everything she needed to get off her chest to Alfie. It was difficult, letting all the past emotions resurface, but it put her mind at ease that he now knew how she felt. It was up to him to make the decision to accept her feelings, or forget about her all together.

The young women was on her way to the Garrison Pub, where the Shelby men were interviewing for God knows what. Deborah had to admit, she missed her job as a barmaid, but her involvement with the betting shop and Blinders made her feel like she was wanted and needed. It wasn't just the men making all the business decisions, Tommy included her in almost all of them now as well.

"Morning Finn." She greeted the boy, who stood guarding the snug door. "Are they in there?" She gestured to the private room.

"Yeah, but they're chatting to someone right now." He told her, after a quick greeting.

"Nothing I can't hear." Deborah smirked, before entering the small room.

The three Shelby brothers were sat smoking and drinking, as they examined a young man. Deborah noticed how intimidated the man looked and also how innocent he was. Tommy was up to something if he was interviewing someone with no experience and Deborah hated to know what it was.

"Princess." Arthur cheered loudly, when they all caught sight of the young women.

"Morning Arthur, John." She smiled at the two men.

Tommy watched as she walked over to him and placed a kiss to his cheek in greeting. "You sent it off?" He asked, as she settled herself down in the booth beside Arthur.

"It's gone." Deborah assured him, before looking up at the anxious man. "And who is this?"

"This is Digbeth Kid and he was just leaving." Tommy spoke up before the young man could reply to Deborah.

"Well, it was nice meeting you Digbeth?" Deborah smiled, unsure if she got his name right.

The boy blushed at the women's words, suddenly becoming very flustered. "Y-you too, Miss..." He paused, waiting for her to answer.

"Rose." Deborah finished and the boy repeated her name. Thinking the conversation was over, she turned and grabbed the newspaper from Arthur, ignoring his complaints.

"Aye, watch those eyes." John suddenly snapped, speaking to Digbeth. When Deborah looked up, she realised the man's eyes were strained on her. "Or I'll carve them from your head." John threatened.

"Good man." Tommy spoke up, trying to get the nervous man to leave.

"Oh, I don't know, Tom. Kids these days." Arthur smiled amusingly, once the man had left the room.