𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

LOST BOY

       A FEW DAYS AFTER Polly's birthday, Tommy revealed to Deborah that he had managed to track down the whereabouts of Michael Gray

       A FEW DAYS AFTER Polly's birthday, Tommy revealed to Deborah that he had managed to track down the whereabouts of Michael Gray. The women was delighted with the news, reminiscing on her memories of when the boy was only young. She had only been living with Polly for a few years before the kids were taken, but she remembered minding the little boy and keeping him away from the devious Arthur and John.

However, the good news also came with the tragic revelation that Anna Gray had died a few years ago. The young women had gone looking for her mother, but was sent to Australia, only to pick up a horrible disease that soon led to her death. Deborah was heartbroken by the news, remembering how she tried her like a little sister.

After Tommy revealed that he had tracked down Michael, he also told her that he wanted to go see the boy for himself. Deborah immediately demanded to join him, knowing that if he showed up alone the boy's adoptive parents would not be very welcoming.

"Let me do the talking." Tommy told Deborah, while helping her out of his car. "Who knows how they'll react."

Deborah nodded and followed him down the stone footpath. She examined the large open fields and gorgeous gardens that surrounded the large houses. It reassured her that Michael had lived a good, happy life and had been protected from the dangers that the Shelby family were involved in - that wouldn't last for much longer.

"Christ, is that him?" Deborah gasped, catching sight of the two boys in the fields. "He's so handsome."

"He's seventeen." Tommy reminded her, his voice blunt.

Deborah chuckled and pulled his hand from his trouser pocket to squeeze it. "No need to worry Tom, I've only got eyes for you." She joked, causing the man to roll his eyes and continue on.

"Mrs Johnson?" Tommy announced their presence to the women standing at the house's gate.

"Yes. Who are you?" The women questioned, eyeing the couple.

"We're from Birmingham Council, Bordesley parish." Tommy lied.

"No-one wrote to me. What d'you want?" Mrs Johnson narrowed her eyes.

"I would like to talk about your son, about Henry." Tommy explained, while Deborah stared at the boy by the front door. "Can we come in?"

"I'd rather you didn't, he doesn't like to talk about this." The women stuttered, looking very flustered all of a sudden.

"I see." Tommy nodded. "So what does Henry know about his real identity, Mrs Johnson?"

"I only deal with Mr Ross from the agency and he only ever writes. So, why are yous here in person?" Mrs Johnson asked.

"Well, the boy is approaching his 18th birthday." Tommy hinted, revealing to the women that he wasn't who he says he was.

"This isn't right!" The women exclaimed. "You're not from the council, something isn't right."