𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

INSPECTOR CAMPBELL

     DEBORAH, UNLIKE THE rest of the family, was on Tommy's side

DEBORAH, UNLIKE THE rest of the family, was on Tommy's side. She believed he wasn't the one to sell out Freddie to the police. While he could do some terrible things, she knew he would never lie to his family. That's why Tommy was currently at the Garrison, watching Deborah set up the bar for the day.

"How did it go with Polly this morning?" She asked him, while she wiped down the bar counter.

"She doesn't believe me, Ada doesn't believe me and my own fucking brothers don't believe me." Tommy listed, slouching in the stool.

Deborah paused and rested her hands on her hips. "Can you blame them? You haven't been very honest with us recently."

"Then why the bloody hell do you believe me?" Tommy snapped, frustrated by the lack of encouragement.

"Because..." She sighed, rest her elbows on the counter and leaning closer to him. "I saw the look in your eyes when Polly stormed in here. You had no idea."

"At least I got you." Tommy smirked, inching closer to kiss her.

Deborah quickly pulled away and shook her head. "Don't think I've forgotten what Ada said last night. You've been fucking Lizzie Stark?"

Tommy groaned and threw his head into his hands. The thought of arguing with Deborah too, had his head pounding already.

"You better start explaining Thomas Shelby." Deborah warned him, eyes narrowed.

"I went to her five times after I got back." He finally admitted. "It meant absolutely nothing. Like you said, I was thinking with my cock."

Deborah was silent as she processed his words. "When was the last time it happened?" She asked.

"Almost a year ago." Tommy told her, watching as she breathed a sigh of relief.

It was true, he hadn't been in contact with Lizzie, except to speak to her about John. He couldn't do that to Deborah, even if they weren't yet officially together again.

"It won't happen again?" Deborah checked, eyeing him carefully.

"Never." Tommy promised.

She nodded and walked out from behind the bar and over to him. Turning his stool around, she leaned her hands against his thighs, before leaning up to place a passionate kiss to his lips.

"You have to fix things with your family, Tommy." Deborah whispered, once she leaned back.

"I will." Tommy replied, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the exit. "On Black Star Day."

"What?" Deborah asked, completely confused.

"December third, the day we take out Billy Kimber." He replied. "You deserve to know, considering what happened."