𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒

UNEXPECTED VISITORS

     ONCE SHE WAS sure Veronica was down for her midday nap, Deborah made her way to the kitchen to look for her writing pack she had allowed one of the maids to borrow

     ONCE SHE WAS sure Veronica was down for her midday nap, Deborah made her way to the kitchen to look for her writing pack she had allowed one of the maids to borrow. She had to begin designing the prints for the tunnels Johnny Dog's men were going to dig in the field across from the house. Something that was apart of another one of Tommy's extravagant plans.

After their relaxing breakfast this morning, Tommy caught her up on his plans to rob the priest and perhaps the Russians. While Deborah thought it was a risky plan, a part of her knew that Tommy was prepared. It seemed those many months he spent recovering from his head injury, he had also been planning many business arrangements. It didn't surprise her - it sounded exactly like her husband. He then asked her to carry out the task of designing the tunnels, something he knew he could trust her with.

Deborah knew she was in a rush, Tommy wanted the prints soon. He warned her that by the time he was finished with a business meeting in his study, he wanted the prints completed. Despite his rush and demands, Deborah had something more important planned for her day and it was something that needed to be done.

As she finally entered the downstairs kitchen, the young woman was surprised to find John, Arthur, Michael and Johnny Dog drinking away. She assumed they were waiting to join Tommy's meeting. Deciding she would say a quick hello and get to work, but the somber attitude in the air caught her attention.

"What's wrong with you four?" She bluntly asked, getting straight to the point.

The two Shelby brothers and their cousin shared a look. They looked to be mentally communicating to one another, deliberating if they should tell Deborah what was going on. Thankfully, John spoke up before the young woman could snap at them.

"Michael got some girl knocked up." He revealed, earning a venomous glare from his cousin.

Michael shot back the end of his whiskey and lit another cigarette. "Fucking great, John. Now she's gonna tell my mum." He cursed.

Slightly offended, Deborah crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at the boy. "Why do you say that?" She questioned, eyeing him.

"Your a woman. You don't believe in abortions and shit." He replied, the same somber and annoyed look on his face. "You'll want me to marry the girl."

Deborah scoffed at Michael's sexist comment. She knew he was pissed off with this sudden responsibility but he had no idea what Deborah actually believed. If someone told her to get married and have a baby at Michael's age, she should've spat at them and probably have one of the boys kick the shit out of them.

"Tommy didn't marry me when I found out I was pregnant." She revealed, the room falling completely silent.

Michael looked confused by her words. "Not right away but you eventually did." He reminded her.