𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒

DERBY DAY

     THE DAY OF THE EPSOM Derby Day had finally arrived

THE DAY OF THE EPSOM Derby Day had finally arrived. It has been exactly four weeks since Deborah had been released from jail and herself and Tommy had spent all night tangled together in their bed sheets. In those last few weeks, the young women had noticed some extreme changes to her body and mood. All of a sudden her clothes barely fit and the smell of whiskey made her stomach churn. A part of her knew what was wrong, but the other part was too afraid to admit it.

Deborah shook her thoughts away and continued getting dress for the races. Tommy and the rest of the Shelby men had already taken off, with two trucks full of men and weapons. The couple agreed that Deborah would drive with Polly, making sure they left soon after the men. Tommy had surprised her with a new silk baby pink dress only yesterday and it fit like a glove, a slightly tight glove.

"Deb?" Polly called, walking into the house.

"Coming now, Pol." Deborah yelled, before scrambling around the room to throw on her jewellery and heels.

She placed a small hand gun in her purse and strapped a dagger into the holder around her thigh - Tommy had warned her to come prepared for anything. Carefully racing down the stairs, Deborah walked into the kitchen and greeted the older women.

"Ready to go, Pol." Deborah said, while she rooted through her purse for her lipstick.

Deborah gasped when she felt Polly's hand latch on to her breasts and squeeze. It was painful, but due the shock of the older woman's sudden intimate touching, she barely noticed. Polly ran her hands along the curves of Deborah's sides and then placed both hands on her slightly swollen stomach.

"Polly!" Deborah exclaimed, flapping at the woman's hands. "What was that about?"

"You're pregnant." Polly announced, a large grin forming on her lips.

Deborah sighed and slowly nodded her head, taking a seat at the kitchen table. "I know." She revealed, looking down.

"Have you told Tommy yet?" Polly questioned, not noticing the young woman's sudden mood change. When Deborah shook her head, she continued to pry. "Why not?"

Deborah shrugged and bit her lip. "I'm scared." She finally admitted. "We're not even married yet, Pol."

Polly sighed and sat down across from the young woman. "Listen hun, Tommy loves you more then anything else in this fucking world. You being pregnant is something you've both dreamed of since you were bloody fifteen years old."

"But the last time..." Deborah began.

"The last time neither of you were ready." Polly cut her off. "You were both too young and barely made enough money to feed yourselves. Now, you're madly in love, engaged and more then capable of raising and caring for a child."