𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇

THE PAST CANNOT BE FORGOTTEN

     GIGGLES AND SQUEALS OF delight filled the master bedroom of Arrow House

     GIGGLES AND SQUEALS OF delight filled the master bedroom of Arrow House. The small family of three gathered on the kingsized bed, enjoying the peaceful morning together. Deborah grinned as she watched Tommy raise a wide awake Veronica over his head, as little buzz noises flowed from his lips. The little girl had woken her parents early that morning, demanding their attention. Once she was laying between them, Tommy immediately began playing with her.

As the two continued their little game, Deborah sat up against the headboard, admiring her family. Things had begun to go back to normal after Tommy and Veronica returned from Wales a few days ago. He had gotten the answers they had wanted and it settled the pain and guilt for the broken couple. Deborah was healing well, her stitches had been removed for a few days now and the bullet wound was beginning to scar. Things were looking up and the little moments like these, had Deborah excited for the future.

"Mummy!" Veronica gasped through laughter, while clambering away from Tommy's hands. "Help!"

Wrapping her arms around her daughter's small waist, Deborah pulled Veronica against her chest. "What's daddy doing to you, honey?" She asked, smiling down at her little girl.

"Tickules." Veronica mumbled into her mother's chest, shielding her grin from her parents.

Tommy pushed himself up against the headboard and ran a soothing hand down Veronica's back. "Ronnie." He rasped, drawing out her name. "Can I have a kiss?"

Deborah giggled when she felt Veronica rapidly shake her head against her chest. The little girl clung to her mother, but her shaking body gave away her laughter.

"You won't give daddy a kiss?" Deborah questioned, grinning at her husband who smiled back in return.

"No!" Veronica replied, digging her head further into her mother's warmth.

Tommy shuffled closer to his wife and daughter and placed his chin on Deborah's shoulder. "Then I guess I'll get my kiss from mummy." He teased, eyes locked on his love.

Deborah smiled at his taunting, already feeling Veronica pause to consider his words. Tommy didn't wait for his daughter's reply and leaned up to place a kiss to the woman's rosy lips. Savouring the taste of her husband, Deborah lifted a hand from Veronica's back and placed it on Tommy's bare chest, deepening their kiss.

The feeling of a small hand being placed on both their cheeks broke the couple's moment. The two pulled away from each other as Veronica continued to push their faces apart.

"Stop!" She exclaimed, wide eyed. The toddler stood in-between her parents' legs, hands on both their cheeks, with an unimpressed look on her adorable face.

The two laughed at their daughter and Tommy reached forwards to grab her waist and pull her to lie down between them. Deborah leaned down and placed dozens of kisses all over the little girl's face, ignoring her squeals and complaints to stop.