𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒

SAPPHIRES

     ON THE WAY back to Birmingham, Deborah convinced Tommy to stop at their house to check on Veronica

     ON THE WAY back to Birmingham, Deborah convinced Tommy to stop at their house to check on Veronica. They hadn't spent much time with their daughter since the wedding, too busy finding themselves caught in the stress of work and Russians. That dawned on Deborah as she clutched her little girl to her chest and she returned to the car, her sleeping daughter in her arms. Tommy tried to argue that she shouldn't come back with them to Small Heath, but immediately shut up at the look his wife sent him.

Tommy drove them straight to his office, explaining that he had documents to sort out. While Tommy parked up the car, Deborah walked into her husband's office but the sound of noises coming from Michael's caught her attention. She opened the door and found Michael with a girl sitting on his lap.

Cursing to herself, Deborah slammed the door shut and clutched her daughter's head to her chest in fright. "Christ Michael!" She exclaimed through the door. "What if I was Tommy or Polly who caught you? They would have bloody killed you."

"I thought you and Tommy were in London!" Michael shouted in annoyance.

"That doesn't give you permission to have sex in the office!" Deborah snapped back. "You scarred poor Ronnie."

"Fuck off." Michael grumbled, the sound of clothes shuffling being heard through the door.

"Better hide her, Tommy's going to be here any minute." She warned.

Michael opened the door a few seconds later, straightening his tie and narrowing his eyes at her. "You better not tell him about this." He warned, pointing a finger at her.

Deborah rolled her eyes and placed Veronica on the floor to wander around the room. "I'd be more worried about me telling your mum." She threatened, a smirk on her lips.

"Deb..." Michael groaned, a pleading look in his eyes.

Deborah's reply was cut off by Tommy walking in and moving to stand beside Deborah. Veronica squealed at the sight of her dad and shakily walked over to him, raising her arms up at him to pick her up.

"Gonna introduce me, Michael?" Tommy turned to his cousin, as he held Veronica on his hip.

"Yes, I'd love to meet your friend." Deborah teased, grinning evilly at the young man.

"This is Charlotte Murray." Michael introduced the pretty women at his side. "Her father makes cars."

The young women stepped forward and held out her hand, before retracting it nervously. "I really enjoyed your wedding, Mr and Mrs Shelby."