Chapter 1

Lisa's POV

It's year 2022, we haven't made any comeback yet, but it will be soon, we're already preparing for it. We have already picked the songs for the upcoming comeback, we'll just have to finalized everything that's needed.

The members and I are at the studio, we're currently recording the songs that we picked. After hours of recording for our mini album, we decided to listen to all the recordings to double-check if we want to change some parts that we're not satisfied.

We are already satisfied with everything, so we don't have to repeat anything. We're on our way home when Rosé received a message from someone, "Guys, Joy asked me if we want to go meet up with them?" She asked.

"Them? Who's them?" I asked.

"Red Velvet, duhhh!! Who do you think!?"

"Well, I'm just asking because maybe she's with some people who are not her members!" I sighed, this chipmunk really, it might be somebody else you know?

"Well it's her members so yeah, you can't do anything about it!" Oh this girl I didn't even say anything.

"What are you saying? I didn't even say anything!?" I defensively said.

"Kids stop fighting" Jisoo unnie jokingly said.

It's true though, I didn't even say anything maybe Rosé responded like that because she might've thought that I don't want to hang out with Red Velvet like in the past, well not really that I don't want to hang out with them, but I'm just shy when around them.

It's like we're friends but casual friends only, do you get me? We're friends but not that close to the point where we will talk or hangout with each other from time to time, we don't even message each other. We'll just talk if I'm with my members or if I happen to cross paths with them. Don't misunderstand, we're in good terms, we're just really not that close.

"Okay, so, are we going? If yes, I'll let Joy know so that she can tell her members." Rosé asked us.

"I'm up for it, how about you, Jennie?" Jennie just nodded, she's busy with her phone because she's talking with her mom.

"How about you, Lisa?" I don't know if I will go because I really don't wanna embarrassed myself in front of them for not talking. So I just shrugged and say, "I don't know?"

"What I don't know? Don't tell me you don't want to go? Lisa, how many times did you declined on hanging out in the past just because you're shy around them?" Jisoo unnie irritatingly ask.

"Unnie you know that we're not that close, so it is only natural for me to feel shy and uncomfortable around them especially when they're not talking to me, I will just feel left out there." I sulk.

This is not the first time that I thought of declining hanging out with Red Velvet, actually in all the times they asked us out I've only come with them for like two or three times and that's it. It's because every time that I will go and talk to them, I feel like they're not comfortable around me, not like when they are talking with my other members.

I've only talked to Seulgi unnie, Wendy unnie and Yeri for several times when we're on award shows and the times that I came with them to hang out, I guess we're a bit close. I also talked to Joy, but not that much. Furthermore, I feel like every time I will talk to them, they are not comfortable, or maybe they are just shy like me but why? They are comfortable with my friends, so why not me also?

Especially Irene unnie, if I remember I only talked to her for just... One time in SBS Gayo Daejun 2017 while walking to wave to fans, I held her hand that time and I know that she felt uncomfortable with what I did, maybe I came out too close to her comfort and that's just about it. So yeah I'm uncomfortable and shy around them because I feel that's what they feel when they are around me.

"We will all go" Jennie said in an authoritative voice.

"But Jennie!!" I whine

"No buts Lisa we will all go, you will not be excused this time, it's time for you to get close and bond with them." I was just about to oppose when Jennie give me a look that says if I decline, I'm dead. So I have no choice but to go with them.