Chapter 21

Lisa's POV

The director invited us to a barbeque house near the shooting location. The staff are very nice and took care of us idols, now the director is going to treat us. We didn't expect to get this kind of treatment, Nayeon unnie and I actually planned to eat at a restaurant after the shooting but since the director invited us and is paying, we are shy to turn down the offer plus food is more delicious when it's free.

There are so many things that happened today, I didn't expect Karina to be here also. This is the first time I saw her again after what happened at the mall, I actually want to talk to her because I want us to at least be civil. As I said, this already happened to me before but I fixed my relationship with some of them, we're at least civil.

I really want to talk to Karina so when I saw her and found out that we will be together for this commercial, I immediately made my move but because I'm too shy and ashamed to talk to her, I just made my manager give the energy drink I saved to Karina.

I also greeted her earlier but she just nodded at me and looked away, which means that she doesn't want to talk, it was too early and I don't want to ruin her mood so I didn't continue speaking, maybe out of cowardice too.

I tried to talk to her several times but it's obvious that she's been avoiding me since earlier, and every time it happens I can't help but get sad and feel hurt.

I know that Karina is feeling uncomfortable and awkward every time she's near me, that's why I distanced myself from her to not make her further feel that.

What I've been trying to do since earlier is for nothing when what all the director and photographer made us do this whole day is to get close to each other, literally, skinship here and there between us. For my part, it's okay because I'm used to skinship but I know that Karina isn't, well at least with me.

I only got to say a word again to her when I asked her if she was okay, she only nodded and didn't even say a single word to me. All of these negative feelings of hers towards me are affecting me also negatively. That's why when she responded positively to me caressing her waist and arms, and her eventually getting used with our skinship, it made me feel positive as well.

I got to admit when we had those moments when we touch, I always get this feeling, I can't figure out what it is and why I'm feeling that way but I will just ignore it for now.

Once the shooting and photoshoot were done, I thought that they will let us go home already but the director suddenly requested to take pictures of us again. This time we need to switch partners, I got Nayeon unnie and I'm very happy that she's the one I got.

We went first and finished fast because we work well together. When it was Karina and that Yeonjun kid's time I got to witness how different Karina was when she was with him compared to when she was with me.

Even though they're not as fast as us, they didn't have any problems like what happened to me and Karina. When you look at her at that time, she looks comfortable and relaxed around him, she's also smiling and laughing genuinely with him. Unlike when she's with me... Hays...

I don't know why but I felt sad, I just chalked it up to us not being okay because before revealing my secret to them, I was very happy when we became friends with her group, I was just quiet when around them but the truth is I want to get to know them more and get close to them. But with the circumstances right now, I don't think I can do that anymore, except with Ningning because she's okay with me, I don't know about the other two, and Karina is already given.

That's what I'm telling myself but I also have another feeling that it's more than that... I also don't know what it is.

We are now inside the barbeque place, I'm sitting beside Nayeon unnie, Yeonjun is on the other side of her. There's still an empty spot beside me, I saw Karina still standing, "Karina," I called her and patted the spot beside me for her to sit on.