Chapter 19

Karina's POV

*Kring Kring* Opening my eyes, I woke up from the sound of my alarm. It's only 7 am but I need to wake up early because I have an individual activity today, I was selected to do a commercial for an insam-cha (ginseng tea) brand here in Korea together with three other idols, I don't who they are yet, the staff said I will meet them later.

To be honest I don't drink insam-cha that much but ginseng is popular nowadays may it be for kids or adults. I accepted the job because aside from the pay being high, they said that the idols that will be with me in this commercial are famous, and you wouldn't believe it but they are from BigHit, JYP, and YG so I'm interested in the combination. Also, they further convinced me because the goal of the brand is to promote healthy and beneficial drinking to this generation.

I prepared and did my daily routine, later on, I received a call from my manager saying that he was in the lobby already.

(Fast Forward)

We're here now at the location where we will shoot for the commercial, the staff briefed me on some information like who I'm with, apparently, it will be two 3rd gen idols and two 4th gen, which I'm one of the two.

I'm in one of the dressing rooms waiting for the rest to arrive when there's suddenly a knock on the door. My manager opened it and staff together with an idol entered, it's TXT's Yeonjun sunbaenim, we briefly talked, after that he left to go to a separate dressing room for males.

While talking to my stylist, the door again opened and another staff entered with two people, the one is familiar because he's BLACKPINK unnies' manager, I guess the other one is another manager from JYP, so one of BLACKPINK unnies will be with us, I hope she's not that one...

They greeted me and I did the same, seconds later another idol appeared, it is TWICE's Nayeon sunbaenim, Wow... I can say that this commercial will be successful because of our lineup. I'm feeling great with this sort of collaboration, I'm feeling great in general.

I introduced myself to Nayeon sunbaenim and we talked for a bit before she spoke to the managers, "Oppa, where is she? Isn't she done yet?"

"She's already walking towards here," BLACKPINK unnies' manager said from the outside. I'm ready to greet whoever of the three BLACKPINK unnies is coming but...

When that person entered, my world crashed. Why is she here? Couldn't they get the others instead of her? Could they find another idol to replace her? Am I that unlucky that the world is against me?

My great mood from earlier turned a mix of sour and bitter when the person entered the room. "Annyeonghaseyo," she greeted all the people inside the room, that includes me. I greeted back in a weak voice then looked away.

"Finally! At last, you're here already! What did you even do? You said you'll just give something to the staff yet you took what, one hour?" Nayeon sunbaenim said to... Lisa unnie yes, the fourth idol that will be joining us in this commercial is her... hays.

"Nayeon unnie it's too early for you to be in a bad mood, here take this," she gave Nayeon sunbaenim a small bottle of energy drink, she also gave some to the people inside the room except me. She used the honorific unnie to Nayeon sunbaenim, maybe they're close.

I pretended that I'm using my phone when someone suddenly gave me a bottle. "Here," I looked up and I'm glad it was her manager because if it was her I will probably not accept, joke, I need to otherwise the people inside the room might think I'm being rude.

"Thanks, Oppa," I said to her manager smiling.

"Say thank you to Lisa as well, it's from her," he said.

I have no choice but to do just that, I looked for her and when I found her, she was sitting beside Nayeon sunbaenim. It shocked me when I found out that she was already looking at me, she smiled a little and nodded then looked away immediately. Hmm... maybe I'll just thank her later.

While waiting for the staff to finish preparing the sets that we will use, and for our stylist to finish styling us, Nayeon sunbaenim is chatting with Lisa unnie, hmm... maybe they're close friends if I know their groups are friends together with Red Velvet unnies. Nayeon sunbae will talk to me from time to time, she said she doesn't want me to be out of place. For Lisa unnie of course, she's not talking to me, that's good at least she might know that I don't want to talk to her.

Minutes later the director called all of us to discuss to us what we are going to do. They will be going to divide us into two, each partner will have different sets and scenarios so that the commercial will be diverse, that's what they said. They said that they had already chosen who will be our partners, I just hope that I won't be partnered up with her.

"Okay, I will now tell you who will be your partner. For the first pair, it will be Yeonjun and–" the director wasn't able to finish because one of the staff interrupted him to say something, he excused himself first.

*Sigh* I hope I will not be partnered with her, please let me be Nayeon sunbaenim's partner or Yeonjun sunbae, any of the two just not her. I don't want her to be my partner.

"I'm back, sorry for the interruption, we just have to clarify some things," the director said apologetically. He continued "Let's proceed to the pairing, so for the first pair, it will be Yeonjun and... Nayeon."

Really? Am I that unlucky or does the world just hate me? I'm full of bad luck today. Why is it that it needs to be her that I will be partnered up with?

"For the last pair, it will be you Karina, and Lisa," the director officially announced. Maybe there's just a mistake?

"Uhm... Director?" I called the attention of the director.

"Yes, Karina?" He asked.

"Uhm... are you sure that my partner is... Lisa sunbaenim?" I asked him to clarify, maybe he's just wrong. I accidentally caught Lisa sunbaenim's eyes, it looks blank. Wonder what she's thinking... Wait, what? Why am I thinking of this? I just ignored my thought and looked at the director.

"Uhm, yeah, why? Is there a problem?" he asked me.

I can't really say that there is so I just said "None, Director, but I just want to ask, how did you come up with the pairing?"

He looked at me and seriously said "We decided on the pairing based on who we think fits the concept that we're going to give to each partner, we also considered the pair who we see that has the most chemistry when looking at them, hope I answered your question, Karina."

I can't argue with him so I just nodded, it's not like I can do anything about it.