Chapter 9

Karina's POV

Hays~ time flies so fast, it's already December and I, and my members are preparing right now for an award show we're going to attend, the MAMA 2022. Rumors are many big artists are going to attend this year's MAMA so I'm really excited.

"Karina unnie," Ningning called me from the outside of my room.

"What?" I answered.

Our make-up stylist opened the door to let Ningning in my room, "Karina's make-up is not done yet Ningning, wait for a moment please," our make-up stylist said.

"That's not why I'm here," Ningning said.

"What is it then?" I asked.

"I heard from the managers that some of the big artists from the 3rd Gen are going to attend later," Ningning answered.

"Anyone specific?" I asked again.

"I'm not sure yet if this is true but from what I heard BTS, Twice, Red Velvet, and EXO sunbaenims are going to attend," Wow this year's MAMA is going to be big if ever they will really attend.

"I also read somewhere that YG is now allowing their artists to attend MAMA so maybe BLACKPINK sunbaenims will attend later because they are nominated in some categories," Ningning added.

"I think IU sunbaenim is also included in the lineup, wow this year's MAMA is going to be big," I said.

We're now done preparing and just waiting for our ride to arrive. "Wow look MAMA is trending tonight," Giselle said.

"Big artists are going to attend it's only natural for them to trend high," Winter responds.

"Girls the van is here, get in," our manager informed us.

It took us only 30 minutes to arrive at the venue, we're relieved that there's no traffic. There is a red carpet in the entrance that will lead inside the building. Entering the venue, there is a place where there are reporters, cameramen, and photographers standing by and waiting for each artist's turn to get interviewed by the celebrity MCs.

We're in line now to get interviewed, in front of us is G-idle sunbaenims while in our back is Treasure. So it's true that YG artists are allowed to attend MAMA.

It is now our turn to get interviewed, the MCs asked us some questions, after that the photographers took some pictures of us.

When all of that is done, an organizer together with our manager leads us to the place where the awarding will be held. Wow, the area is big, it can fit many audiences as well as the artists and other people like the staff. We're one of the firsts artists to arrive here, the staff lead us to our table, "here is your table," she said.

"Girls I'm going now okay?" our manager said, we nod at him and answered "okay."

The event has yet to start because there are artists that haven't arrived yet. Red Velvet, Twice, EXO, NCT, ITZY, IVE, and others are already in the venue. We bowed to our seniors and fangirled quietly when we saw them.

There are still artists that are yet to arrive so we just converse with the ITZY members, we're sharing in one table, we're close so why not?

"It's confirmed that BTS, BLACKPINK, and IU sunbaenims are attending," Ryujin said.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Their names are posted on each of their dressing rooms, didn't you see?" Yeji asked.

"No, we haven't even gone to our own dressing room yet," Winter replied.

"Why?" Yuna asked.

"When we arrived, the staff already called us to fall in line for the interview and photography session, after that they automatically lead us here," Giselle answered.

"Hahaha, aren't they a little bit excited?" Ryujin said giggling.

"Well, I think our managers didn't bother to show us our dressing room because they already prepared the outfits we're going to use in performing," I said.

"Aaah, that's why," Yeji said.

Our conversation is cut short when we heard the loud cheering of fans, we thought someone big arrived turns out, a video presentation of the artists are being played. We just decided to watch the presentation.

When the video ended, they announced that the event will start soon. The artists attending are almost complete, we're just waiting for some who haven't arrived yet, I think some of them are still being interviewed or still preparing in their dressing rooms.

"I'm bored~," Ningning said.

"Just wait Ningning, they said the event will start soon," I said.

"Who are those that still not here?" she asked.

"Hmm... Taeyeon sunbaenim is already here... Mamamoo is here... Brave Girls are here too... I think we're only waiting for a few like BTS, BLACKPINK, and IU sunbaenims." Winter said answered.

"This MAMA 2022 is I think the biggest year so far... look at the big names, well BTS and IU sunbaenims are not new here but I think this is BLACKPINK sunbaenims' first time attending here," Yeji said.

"Speaking of sunbaes who's still not here, have you met them already?" Winter asked Yeji.

"We've met BTS and IU sunbaenims before, in BLACKPINK sunbaenims we're only able to see Lisa sunbaenim last year on award shows but even then we weren't able to interact with her," Ryujin said. "How about you guys have you met them?" she then asked.

"It's funny because we haven't met BTS and IU sunbaes but we've met BLACKPINK sunbaenims already," Winter said while laughing which made us laugh also because of the coincidence.

"Yeah it's really funny, so how did you meet them?" Ryujin asked.

"It's also just a coincidence when we met them, we went to a café for celebrities and we saw Red Velvet sunbaenims there, turns out they were going to hang out with BLACKPINK sunbaes that time. They're really nice, they told us to sit next to them and they also included us in their conversations unfortunately we weren't able to meet Lisa sunbaenim because she's busy that time," Winter told them the story.

"Oh speaking of, how does she look? Lisa sunbaenim? Because you said you've seen her before," Winter asked them, this Winter she's really interested in Lisa sunbaenim, she admires her.

Well... it just suddenly happened this year before we met BLACKPINK sunbaenims, she stumbled upon a fancam of Lisa sunbaenim and she got addicted to watching her performances. Winter is a fangirl of Lisa sunbaenim.

"Yeah, Lisa sunbaenim is beautiful in pictures and videos but she's more beautiful in person, to be honest, the camera doesn't do her any justice, she really looks like a barbie," Ryujin said dreamily.

I looked at her weirdly. I know it's normal to find same-sex beautiful or whatever but Ryujin looks like she has a crush on sunbaenim, which is wrong.

"Aww, I want to meet her already!" Winter said giddily. Oh, this is really uncomfortable.

"Quiet Winter! You're being loud," I said, irritated. People here are totally fangirling and crushing over Lisa sunbaenim.

"Psst..." I looked at Winter questioningly.

"What?" I asked.

"Why do you look uncomfortable?" she whispered at me.

"Nothing, it's just that you and Ryujin look like you have a crush on Lisa sunbaenim which is wrong because she's a woman like you!" I whispered back.

She looks confused, "we don't have a crush on her Karina, we're just appreciating her besides there's nothing wrong with having feelings with the same sex," Winter said, she looks irritated.

"Nothing's wrong!? Winter it's a sin to have feelings with the same sex!" I whispered to her. Patience Karina, patience.

She just rolled her eyes at me, "Karina it's already the 21st Century, LGBTQ+ and everything connected to it is now totally normal. Well, I won't argue with you about this topic because I know I won't get through to you besides I don't want us to fight."

I was about to reply to her but a part of the crowd suddenly gets loud, I guess someone just arrived. Well, I guess we'll just continue this conversation later after the event.