Chapter 6

Lisa's POV

A week passed after our meet-up with Red Velvet, our comeback happened. So far it is doing well, people especially Blinks like the songs we have in our mini-album. Also, the promotions are going smoothly and according to plan.

Three days after the comeback, it's already July 18, the first day of shooting for Dream to be (the show where I will host). We had a meeting last week to talk about the details for this show, apparently, I will only be able to meet the mentors/judges on the first day of the taping, which is now. They said it's a secret and to also prepare for a surprise, a surprise huh? I can't wait for that.

I'm here in the studio where we will shoot the show, the staffs are here as well. They already shot my introduction for the show and me as the host so I'm only waiting for the judges/mentors to arrive. "Okay, Lisa be prepared we're going to shoot now." Oh, they're here already.

They said that someone will enter the room in a minute, and when that person enter the room I got shocked because I didn't expect that they will also be here. They're a mentor? Well, I didn't expect that.

"Annyeonghaseyo" I bowed as I greeted them, they did the same as well.

I smiled at the person and said confusedly to them "I didn't know that you will be a mentor sunbaenim, you didn't tell me."

"I'm not a mentor Lisa, besides you didn't ask." They're not a mentor? Then why are they here?

"Then what are you doing here sunbaenim?" I ask

"I will be your partner/co-host for this show," they answered.

"Eh? I didn't know that there will be another host aside from me?" I looked at the producers questioningly.

"This is the surprise we told you about Lisa." Oh... this is really a surprise.

"Why does it look like you don't want me as your co-host, Lisa?" They jokingly glared at me.

"No! It's not like that Irene sunbaenim, it's just that I'm really surprised and didn't expect that I'll be working with you." Yeah, the surprise they told me about is my apparent co-host Irene unnie. I didn't expect that I will be able to work with her.

"Actually me too, I only just got a call the day after we hang out." Irene unnie said.

"This producers are something huh? Surprising us." I said smiling shyly to Irene unnie.

"Yeah" She also smiled shyly at me.

"Well, I'm glad to be working with you sunbaenim, let's work hard together." I bowed to her.

She bowed slightly then smiled lightly at me. She smiled at me... she's really beautiful when smiling, she's beautiful in everything she does.

We shot all the needed scenes, they also introduced the mentors for the show, that will also be the judges.

After shooting we are ready to pack up, I bowed to all the staff as well as the mentors thanking them for their hard work. I'm supposed to also thank Irene unnie but she's not here.

"Where is Irene sunbaenim?" I asked one of the staff.

"I think she already went to her dressing room," she replied.

"Oh okay, thank you" they just nod and we bowed to each other as a goodbye.

"Oppa just wait for me in the parking, I will just go to Irene unnie." I said to my manager.

"Okay" and he left already

After saying goodbye to the staff I immediately went to Irene unnie's dressing room to thank her and say goodbye. I'm already in front of her dressing room and knocked on the door. her manager opened the door.

"Oh Lisa you're here, do you need something?" she asked me.

"Is Irene sunbaenim there?"

"Yeah, she's here, why?"

"Oh... Can you tell her I said thank you for her hard work?" I requested.

"Why don't you just say it to her personally Lisa? Come in, come in." she nicely said.

"Oh... Okay..." I shyly said.

Even if she's small as a bean, I already spotted Irene unnie talking to her makeup artist.

"Excuse me" she looked at the mirror and sees me approaching her.

"Oh Lisa, what are you doing here?" she asked me.

"I'm going to pack my things now Irene." Her make-up artist said to her, she just nodded.

"I'm only here to say thank you for your hard work unnie and to say goodbye," I respond to her question, bowing shyly.

"Thanks also Lisa for your hard work." she shyly smiled at me.

"Lisa, didn't I tell you to just call me Joohyun instead of Irene unnie?"

"But unnie you're older than me? I think it's disrespectful." I confusingly said to her.

"Older on not, I want you to call me Joohyun, understand?" she sternly said to me, I think I offended her when I said she's older than me.

"Okay, unnie– I mean Joohyun." I shyly scratch the back of my head.

"I will go now, bye Joohyun, take care," I informed her.

"Bye Lisa, you take care too okay?"

"Okay" I wave at her and say goodbye to her staff.

This has been a tiring but fulfilling day, I was able to work with Joohyun and I hope that we can get close here.