Chapter 12

Lisa's POV

I found out that three people are staring at me, one is actually near me and the other two are on another table. The one near me is Irene, she's not actually staring more like glaring, geez she's still angry, I tried talking to her earlier but she's purposely avoiding me.

The other one is Aespa member Winter, when I looked at her she smiled, waved, and bowed at me so I did the same. The last one is her other member Karina, she's just looking blankly at me, so I just smiled at her, when she didn't return it I just looked away. Sheesh Lisa that's embarrassing... She's pretty tho so it's fine even if I embarrassed myself...

I just continued to watch the special performances. Later on, I noticed that Joohyun is shivering and looked slightly uncomfortable with her dress. Hays, why did she need to choose that dress? I removed my suit jacket and give it to Joohyun, "Hyun wear this," I whispered at her but she didn't accept it. I continued insisting on her wearing it or at the least draping it on her shoulder but she's stubborn, she continued on ignoring me.

"Hyun you're shivering plus look at what you're wearing it's too short and tight, what are you thinking wearing that when you know it's winter season? Please put this on?" she didn't answer me but she finally accepted the jacket. Hays this woman...

Earlier, after the announcement of the special performances, I was able to sit beside Joohyun because Yeri, who's sitting beside her left to go to the comfort room. When Yeri came back she has no choice but to sit on my previous seat. I tried talking to Joohyun from time to time but she's not really paying attention to me so I stopped and decided to just talk to her after the show.

The special performances are done and the awarding has continued, we received our first award for this year's MAMA which is the Best Female Group, other artists receive theirs as well including Red Velvet, Twice, EXO, etc.

After the second batch of awarding, the idols that had received the awards will now perform. Our group is one of the last to perform so we just stayed at our table. Red Velvet, went backstage because they are going to perform first.

Two groups performed first, then in came Red Velvet, we cheered them on by dancing a little while sitting and singing. I supported all the members but I supported Joohyun more, not being biased but I'm being biased. The lights, stage designs, and effects, all helped to accentuate and highlight Joohyun's beauty which made me stare at her. I'm totally crushing on her while quietly watching her perform.

When they were done we clapped for them. Two groups passed, Red Velvet is already back at our table, Joohyun is beside me, "Great performance Hyun," I said smiling at her. She looked at me but then rolled her eyes and looked away to watch the next performer, Aespa.

Aespa is still considered a rookie group but despite that, they already have many achievements which made me happy and proud for them even though I don't know them personally. They started their performance, "They're good and very synchronized," Rosé said in awe.

"This is our first time watching them live," Jisoo unnie said.

"We've watched them before since they're our hoobaes and they are really good," Seulgi unnie replied.

I just didn't mind them and continued watching, like they said they're really good but as a perfectionist and former mentor I can't help but noticed some faults, I can't call them mistakes because they are not that noticeable to most people and they still delivered well but if you have a keen eye, even if the fault is small you can still see it.

Don't get me wrong I admit that even our group has faults sometimes mistakes too. This is just merely my observation, I don't mean to offend or something, it is just my perfectionist self talking or more like thinking.

But I enjoyed their overall performance, I appreciate every member but I can't help but to focus more on Karina, she's a very... beautiful girl or woman? I don't know her age but yeah she's really beautiful. Aside from being beautiful is she's also talented, I appreciate her performance for tonight and I can't help but stare at her while watching them perform.

We're nearing our time to perform, the staff fetched us from our table but before we leave Red Velvet said their good luck to us. I'm getting nervous because this is the first time in years that we will perform again on an award show, welp good luck to us.