Chapter 22

Karina's POV

A week passed after the shooting for our commercial, and we're here at a place where a live event for the brand will take place. The staff said that we need to do this in order to promote the brand. The staff introduced us to the MC that will be with us later for the interview, she's a famous comedian here in Korea, and we already know her so we're comfortable talking to her.

It's just me and Yeonjun sunbaenim here, Nayeon sunbaenim and Lisa unnie aren't here yet and we're waiting for them.

Yeonjun sunbaenim is really nice he's talking to me, he said that so I will not get bored. There are times that I will catch myself just staring at him because why not? He's so handsome and I have a crush on him. He said that I can just call him oppa because he said he wants us to be friends and casual with each other.

"Annyeonghaseyo, sorry for making you wait guys," we heard a female voice say, it's Nayeon sunbaenim. Behind her is Lisa unnie, who bowed to us and said annyeonghaseyo as a greeting, why is she too formal?

Nayeon sunbaenim joined our conversation while Lisa unnie is just listening, not saying anything unless someone talked to her. She's really quite huh... When she caught me looking at her, she gave me a small smile and then looked away immediately. Is that a habit of hers? And why is she smiling at me? We're not okay, did she forget that?

Nayeon unnie is really nice, yes unnie, she said I should just call her that because we're close now. Minutes later the staff informed us that the live event will start in 15 minutes, he ushered us to go to the stage together with the MC.

There are these steep stairs that are on the side of the stage, I'm wearing heels so it will be difficult for me to step on them without stumbling. Yeonjun oppa and Lisa unnie are already on the stage, Nayeon unnie is in front of me and also having trouble, she's also wearing heels.

There were a lot of male staffs around us but no one is making a move to help us, what I didn't expect is for Nayeon unnie to be ascending the stairs with Lisa unnie gently helping her, aww... she's so helpful and gentle, and nice... Wait, what?! Karina stop it! Remember, you're not okay with her! But... she's really a gentlewoman.

I came back to my senses when I saw a hand in front of me, I looked at the owner and it was Lisa unnie. She's waiting for me to accept her hands but I don't want to... I looked at her hand again, then her eyes, she was looking back at me. Suddenly she smiled at me and gently spoke, "Karina, let's go?" with that I have no choice but to give my hands to her and let her help me ascend the stairs, beside there was no one to help other than her so I don't have a choice.

She's really gentle and patiently helping me. I noticed that her hand is soft but big and the fingers are long compared to mine that it's scary. When I step onto the stage she let me walk first toward the chairs. When I'm already sitting, my manager, who went out in the meantime to get my blanket from the van suddenly called me to get it from him, he can't just step onto the stage because the live event will almost start.

I think Lisa unnie noticed my situation that's why she suddenly stood up and went to the side of the stage to get my blanket from my manager. When she got back she didn't immediately give the blanket to me, in fact, she herself put the blanket on my lap. The way she does these things looks so natural, without any pretense just genuine actions.

"Thanks," I said softly, it was almost a whisper. She only smiled at me and looked away, yup it's a habit. When she looked away it was now my time to look at her, she was smiling genuinely at whatever the MC said. I didn't even know that I'm now looking at her softly.

"Karina," I got shocked when Nayeon unnie, who's beside me suddenly called my name, I looked at her questioningly.

"You're spacing out, you're just staring at Lisa. I know that she's beautiful and all but Yeonjun beside you is talking to you earlier, but you are not listening. You already have a handsome man beside you but you choose to look at the person beside me..." she said whispering, looking at me teasingly. What is she saying?