Chapter 18

Lisa's POV

"Are you really okay?" Joohyun worriedly asked, we're here inside my room at my house.

"Don't worry about me Hyun, I'm really okay," I said to her smiling.

"Are you sure?" She asked again, she was really worried. "You can tell me anything you know? We're best friends, I'm always here if you need anything," while saying that she's looking at me sadly but I can feel how genuine she is.

I looked at her fondly and reassuringly, I patted her head and said, "I know Hyun but I'm really fine, don't worry about me. Common I'm taking you home."

Since earlier Joohyun has really been worried about me. After Karina and Ningning left the restaurant I've been quiet until we got to my house that's why Hyun is really worried. When we entered my room, I laid down on my bed and Joohyun did the same hugging me. We cuddled for an hour not saying anything until Hyun broke the silence and asked me how I feel about what happened at the restaurant, I just said that I'm kind of expecting Karina's reaction because I know that not all people will accept me.

Back to our current conversation, Joohyun had asked me many times if I'm okay, I answered her that I'm okay and I'm fine. I appreciate Joohyun's genuine care for me but I can't really bring myself to tell her how I really feel. I've been like this since then, I don't tell other people what I feel or what I want to say unless I feel like it's necessary. It's not that I don't trust people, it's just that I'm not the most expressive person, it's hard for me to find the right words to say, I'm always shy and don't want to burden others. Just like now, I want to show Irene that I'm okay and still smile at her, I don't want her to feel any negative emotion because of me.

Earlier at the restaurant, after revealing my secret to Karina and Ningning, I expected that one or both of them will not accept me. Confessing to people that I'm a lesbian has always been hard, I don't do it in every person I meet or friend that I make, it's only to those that I know I can trust. You might be wondering why I tell them my secret, the reason is I want them to know or befriend me for who I really am. I confessed to both kids because I feel that I can trust them so I'm happy that Ningning accepted me.

I told Joohyun that I'm okay and fine but, to be honest... I felt sad and hurt... it happened to me before, a few times actually, but the good thing about those former friends is they kept my secret to themselves. I felt sad when they didn't accept me but I didn't dwell on it because I expected it to happen, so I don't know why I'm still thinking about Karina's reaction earlier, I can't get it out of my mind, it just feels so different that it's weird.

The whole drive to Red Velvet's dorm, I did nothing but teased Joohyun, to take her mind off of worrying about me. Arriving in front of their dorm, she invited me to go inside first but I refused because I know that she was going to talk to me again about what happened earlier.

"I'm going now," I said to her.

"Okay, take care okay? Drive safely please," she said worriedly.

"Yes, moth- I mean Hyun I'll be fine don't worry," I said almost slipping my tongue, almost saying mother again, but I wasn't able to avoid her slap on my arms because she caught on what I was about to blurt out. I just laugh and patted her head, she just glared at me but soon hugged me and said goodbye in her baby voice, I responded to her hug and said my goodbye.

Throughout my ride home, I was just thinking of what happened earlier at the restaurant, particularly of Karina. I don't know why it bothered me so much...

----

Karina's POV

I'm here in my room, just using my phone but the thing is I can't concentrate. I'm still thinking about what happened earlier at the restaurant before we went out. When Ningning is still saying her goodbyes to Irene unnie and... Lisa unnie, I accidentally looked at her, even if she's smiling her eyes looked sad.