𝐂𝐇𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Everyone was sitting in front of the podium, with Tommy standing with the microphone ready to give a speech. Y/n not paying attention to what was happening played with Wilbur's fingers, waiting for things to blow over. Literally.

She couldn't focus on anything but the impending doom of this country and how the ground she was standing on was going to be a giant hole shortly, it plagued her mind. Everything was connecting, she felt like she knew this would happen but couldn't remember where she saw it. It was like a temporary amnesia settled over her mind, she tried to take her mind off of it by focusing on Wilbur's palm.

"After everything it was meant to be." Tommy spoke into the microphone giving him a slight echo, Wilbur laughed at the irony of that saying. This brought Y/n's attention to him, she wondered how he looked so relaxed about it. Clapping ensued with enthusiasm from Eret for his quote and quote "line".  Y/n spaced out again not really interested with what was going on, she just wanted to get the kids and leave.

Tommy went on with his speech and talked about L'manberg, their victory and how he couldn't be president but instead called Wilbur up to the stand. Wilbur left his seat, taking his hand out of Y/n's palm and walked up to the podium. Y/n watched him leave her side, she had felt quite attached to him today, she didn't know why but the thought of him leaving her made her nervous. More nervous than usual.

Wilbur spoke about change, And how he hated the Manberg flag; Making it clear that the first change would be the flags colours. Y/n looked down from the stage, Wilbur didn't want to be president, he wanted L'manberg gone.

"However, however, I also cannot be your president." Y/n did a small nod to herself, proving she was right. Questions come from the audience, Wilbur taking a breath before answering.

"I have wanted, uh, no Dream you can't be president. Techno you've taught me that government is not the way to go and I agree with you. Everything you've said, I completely agree with you and to be honest I feel like whilst I can't be here to judge other peoples governments around, I can say that it would be hypocritical of me to run a government. So I'm going to hand off the presidency to someone, I need to hand off the presidency." Wilbur looked down at his feet, thoughts running around in his head about what was to come. He needed to send Y/n off soon before he went to the control room, so he needed to act quicker.

"It's important to know how to say goodbye to a nation, to my L'manberg and I want to. There's only one other person who could possibly be the president. Tubbo, I want you to come up into the stage." Karl's voice boomed in celebration, everyone joining in to congratulate him. Y/n clapped for the boy but didn't find much joy in it, he wouldn't be the president for very long. Wilbur praised Tubbo on stage for his help and came back down to the audience, sitting back down in the seat next to Y/n. He reconnected his hand with hers, rubbing small circles on her hand with his thumb. He lent down to Y/n's ear and whispered to her,

"You need to leave soon, after Tubbo's finished talking go towards Pogtopia. I'll meet you there." Y/n nodded her head before placing it on his shoulder. Tubbo began his speech, fumbling on a few words due to the lack of preparation but still doing very well despite that. His speech was full of metaphors making it more impactful but funnier for the audience, everyone was happy that Tubbo was standing there leading them. And soon his speech would end,

"Everyone had fought for this nation, against or to reclaim and that's what counts. Thank you everyone it's been a pleasure." Clapping ensued with loud celebration from the audience, positivity and hope bloomed in the hearts of the citizens. Joy is the word you would describe what the people of L'manberg were feeling, Y/n smiled at the boy on stage as he proudly grinned at her. Wilbur gently pulled on her hand telling her it was time to go, her shoulders dropped and her smile sunk.