19

On my way to work today, I just thought about how awkward it would probably be between me and Isaiah. I'd be happy if he stayed in his room the entire evening. Actually I was happy if he did that with any circumstance, not just because of the conversation from last night. I don't like how flustered and jittery I get when he's around. That's not my natural self. I'd rather he stay locked away.

I knocked on the door and was happy that today Pam would give me the key so I could stop. I'd enter and maneuver so quietly that Isaiah wouldn't know I was here. I even brought headphones so if he entered I wouldn't detect it and could keep working.

Pam opened the door and I was grateful.

"Hi, Willow, how are you today?" she asked.
"I'm okay, how are you?" I replied.
"Still kickin'." she smiled. "Your key is on the bookshelf for whenever you finish."
"Yes, ma'am. Thank you."
"No problem, honey. I'll be in my room if you need anything."
I nodded and she walked off.

I walked to the kitchen first like usual and put on my headphones. I played my music loudly and started my clean.
This was much better than the stress of wondering if he was here or when he'd come downstairs. My chest didn't ache. I just washed the dishes and focused on my music.

After I finished cleaning and putting away the dishes, I turned around to wipe down the island and when I did I saw Isaiah, shirtless, and leaving the kitchen with a water bottle in one hand and his phone in the other. He hadn't said anything. He just grabbed a bottle and walked off. I was so relieved he'd done it. Well, a part of me was a bit sad he didn't attempt to speak but most of me felt at ease. I continued wiping down the counter.

~~~

After vacuuming the living room, I went to do loads of laundry. I had to wait until everything was done so I could fold them and put it away but for right now I sat on the couch on my phone as I waited.

I saw something from the corner of my eye and it was Isaiah coming back down the stairs.
He went into the kitchen and took out a thing of sliced cantaloupe this time. He ate it and I saw him put his phone to his ear. I assumed someone called him because he answered nonchalantly.
He saw me looking at him and had one hand hold on the edge of the counter while the other still held his phone to his ear. He was leaning back against the counter and kept looking at me as he spoke to the person on the phone. I chickened out first and looked back down at my phone.

My alarm on my phone went off to put the clothes in the dryer. I got up and went to do so.

I set another alarm for 60 minutes once I finished.

When I turned around to walk back, someone blocked my way and put his hands against the dryer, keeping me between his arms.
I paused my music.

"Hi..." I greeted nervously.
"Hey." he responded as he looked down at me.
"Um..."
"You were lookin' at me like you had somethin' to say."
"No, I just-...I didn't see you...come in...so..."
"Look at me." he commanded.
I realized I was looking at everything around the room but him.
I looked up.
"Why are you doing this?" I wondered.
"Doin' what?"

I didn't even know how to word it. I guess why was he trying to embarrass me or make me nervous?

I changed the subject. "I thought you were on a phone call."
"Got off it."
Well that was obvious.
I looked at the floor.
I watched his arms leave. "You so weird." he snickered.
"How?"
"Me just standing here made you nervous."
"No, it didn't." I lied so he'd stop making fun of me.
"Yes, it did." he chuckled.
"No."
"You've told me I make you nervous."
"Yea but...not right then..." I lied some more.
"What do you gain from lying?" he scoffed.
"I'm not lying. Maybe I've gotten used to you and you don't make me nervous anymore."
"In a day? You got used to me in a day?" he asked and seemed to not believe me. As he shouldn't.
"Yes."
"Damn, that's a shame."
"Why?"
"Because..."

I felt hands wrap around my waist and I was hoisted onto the dryer then pulled to the edge by my thighs, making him stand directly in between them.

"I liked when you were nervous." he said softly. His eyes looked at my lips as his hands rested on top of the dryer again.
I couldn't breathe.
He smiled. "Tell me you're still not nervous so I can give you what comes next." he said and his eyes looked at my legs while his hands rubbed and caressed my thighs.
"What comes next...?" I asked nervously.
He just snickered to himself.

"Isaiah! Is Willow still here?!" Pam asked as she came downstairs.
"Yea!" Isaiah hollered back as he looked at me.
"Well where is she?!"

"Let me down..." I instructed.
"Gimme a kiss first." he smirked.
I just stared at him.
He laughed and moved out of the way.

I walked out of the laundry room and found Pam.

"Oh there you are." she realized. "Here you go."
I was handed an envelope.
"First paycheck. You've done so well here. The place is always spotless." she smiled.
"Oh, thank you so much!" I said happily.
"Of course, sweetheart." She walked back up the stairs.

I tore it open in excitement.

When I looked at it I was in awe.

This was more money then I originally bargained for and more than I'd received from any home.
I assumed it was because Pam wasn't used to paying her own personal worker or she didn't think to money manage with $600 million but this was a lot.
Not too much that I thought it was a typo, but enough that I was so grateful and happy to tell my father.

"You ready?" Isaiah asked and was heading towards the stairs.
"Ready for what?" I wondered.
"I said you were goin' somewhere with me today, didn't I?"
"Oh...yea..."