30

Pam called us downstairs for dinner and we both walked out of Isaiah's room after making out for almost an hour. My body could feel the ghost of his hands roaming around it still.

Even though we make out often,...I still get the urge to be shy around him. Or to hide in the next room over to steer away from him. I don't know why. It's ridiculous, I know, but I can't help it.

Pam told me to sit at the dining room table and after a few seconds I was graced with a plate in front of me.

"How she get her plate fixed and you makin' me make my own?" Isaiah asked as he fixed his plate.
"She's a guest, quit bein' a asshole."
"She here like everyday. She know where everything is."
I snickered when Pam hit him on the back of his head and he winced.
He came to the table to eat and sat across from me.

"Tell me how it tastes!" Pam said as she finished up making her plate too.
"I'm sure it's delicious." Isaiah replied but his eyes were on me.
I quickly looked at my plate and grabbed the fork to avoid his gaze.

It was a breaded chicken cutlet with marinara sauce on top and melted mozzarella over fettuccine pasta.

"Isaiah, I thought I told you to get angel hair pasta?" Pam said as she walked to the table.
"I hate how thin angel hair pasta is. It pisses off my mouth."
"You hate everything." she stated.
"That ain't true." Isaiah replied and ate a bite. "I don't hate your cooking." He looked at her and smiled with his mouth closed while he chewed.
"Oh well aren't you sweet." She pat his hand then kissed his head.
"That's what they tell me." he said and looked back at his plate.

I doubt anyone besides her has told him that.
Maybe Mrs. Tran.

I took a bite of the food in front of me.
I'd have to agree with him. This was really good.

"How is it, Willow?" she asked me.
"It's really good. Thank you."
"Of course, hon." she smiled and sipped her drink.

Isaiah got out of his seat. "Forgot somethin' to drink. What you want, Bunny?"
"I can get it." I said and got up.
"Man, if I wanted you to get it I wouldn't have asked. What do you want?" he repeated.
"Oh. Um, Water is fine."
"Alright." He walked off.
I continued eating.

"He's a dick, isn't he?" Pam stated.
I snickered.
"He's just like his dad."
"I thought his dad was a good guy?" I replied in confusion.
"Oh, he was. Just in a very asshole way. His father was the type to rescue a boy out of the way of a moving truck then call the kid a fucking idiot while he helped him up."
That sounded like Isaiah.
"He believed in helping people but he'd let you know that whatever you did to get you in that predicament, made you a dumbass." she added. "And I could say the same for my son."
I took a bite.
"The boy's an asshole but he means well."

Isaiah came back with two bottles of water and set one down in front of me after taking his seat.

"Thank you." I told him.
"Mhm."

"You eat like a pig. If I find out you're still growing, I'm gonna kick you in the knees." Pam told him and took a bite.
"Damn?!" he responded.
"I think it's just men in general. My dad eats like that." I butted in.
"Maybe."

"Why do you call her Bunny?" Pam wondered.
We both looked at Isaiah and he looked at me. "Because she's cute and jumpy. She's scared of everything." he answered.
"That's not true." I replied.
"It isn't?" he snickered and ate another bite.
"No, it isn't. I'm just scared of Westdale."
"Yea, whatever." he scoffed.
"Everybody's afraid of Westdale so I can't blame you." Pam spoke up.
"Did you live there all your life?" I asked her.
"No. My family moved there when I was around sixteen but the place we were before wasn't much better. Only difference is, Westdale is pretty territorial, so if they've never seen you before and you come around, everyone acts like guard dogs. For about a year and a half me and my family were on constant watch by everybody."
"After the second year they got used to you?" I asked.
"They started seeing who I was hangin' with." she stated.
"Who?"
"My pops." Isaiah smiled as he ate.

He's so cute when he's happy or eager about something. Especially stories of his father.

"Isaiah's daddy was one of the more well known faces around the city. He was scary but everyone loved him. And he was only scary in the sense that you knew not to bother him or touch what he loved. He wouldn't just go around terrorizing people, but it would be smart to not try to piss him off." she stated.
I nodded as I listened and ate.
"He was also a flirt." She shot a look at Isaiah.
"What?" he asked as he chewed.

She looked back at me then rolled her eyes in reference to him. I snickered.

"He used to hit on me everyday, anytime he could. We went to the same high school and he'd wait outside the building for me when school was over for the day and when I'd leave then he'd walk me home. You do that enough times with one of the most popular and attractive men in the city, word gets around, you know?"
I nodded.

I wasn't shocked by this. Pam was really pretty. She seemed like she could be the popular girl in a 90s high school drama. It wasn't surprising that she got with the guy everyone wanted.

"During the day, he wanted to bring me flowers and hang out at my house, in a tree, in my room, or take a ride in his car. At the end of the day, he was running around the streets with his friends, stealing alcohol and cigarettes from stores because they were still underaged and rolling dice or showing off the new guns they got. Just bein' menaces."

Isaiah had finished eating and got up to go back to the kitchen.

"He was one way with you and a completely different way with them?" I asked Pam.
"Mhm."

That was so cute.

She stopped speaking and just looked down at her plate.

I heard her sniff. "I loved that man with every bit of me. Until I had Isaiah and the two had to share." she snickered to herself.
She picked up her head and I could see the tears in her eyes.
"I was so in love with that asshole." she nodded.
I listened.
"He was a felon but I loved him so much." She shook her head now like she couldn't believe it. "We all did." She sniffed. "I couldn't have asked for a better husband or father to my son."

"Excuse me." she stated and got out of her seat.

I hadn't meant to make her emotional.

As she was leaving, Isaiah was entering again.
She bumped into him and he looked down at her, placing a hand on her arm and looking so concerned about her wet eyes.
He said something quietly.
She shook her head and responded softly with, "I'm okay. I promise. Just miss him a little bit."
Isaiah rubbed her arm.
She took him by his head and pulled it down to hug and kiss the top of it before walking off.

He continued walking over to the table.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know it was a sensitive subject..."
"Nah, you're alright. She look sad but she like remembering him. She get just as much fun out of talkin' about him as I do. She just miss him more some days than others."
I nodded.