Bonus

19 years later:

"This a nice ass house." Dj stated as he pulled into the driveway.
"Thank you," said Ariana.
"Your parents home?" he asked.
"I don't know. They might be parked in the garage." She stared at the two closed garage doors.

"I forgot you were rich." he remembered and continued to admire the house.
"Not rich. Well off. My dad says I'm not allowed to call us rich." Ari stated.
"Why?"
"He just doesn't like the term. He thinks rich is for people with too much money who don't give back."
"Hm. Your mom's famous, right?"
"I mean your parents are famous too."
"My parents are just chefs. They aren't on billboards and my mom wasn't voted this year's sexiest woman alive...unlike yours." he scoffed.
"My dad technically isn't that famous. He's just a little known because he's my mom's husband and she's so well known."
"Yea, you act in like twenty movies and things like that tend to happen." Dj teased.
"I should probably go before he comes out here if he is home."
"Who? Your dad?" Dj questioned.
"Yea..."
"Why?"
"He's just kind of...overprotective..." Ari explained.
"Isn't your dad the white one? I'm definitely not scared." Dj chuckled.
"Yea-..."

As if he heard the conversation, the front door opened with Ari's father standing there in a t-shirt and sweatpants.

Both teens noticed.

"That's your dad?" Dj asked, shocked.
"Yea..." Ariana sunk into her seat, embarrassed.
"I was expecting something else. Like a...doctor...or somethin'..."
"I mean, he has a PhD..." Ari stated.
"That guy has a PhD?" Dj looked at her.
"What's that supposed to mean?!" She snickered.
"Nothin', I just-..." he faced back through his windshield and the two saw Ariana's father approaching the vehicle with a blunt between his lips.

"Fuck..." Ari sighed.

She unbuckled her seatbelt and opened her door.

"Daddy..." she called after getting her practice bag.
"Who the hell is this?" Isaiah asked. He reached the car and knocked on the window.
"Dad, stop!"

Dj nervously rolled down his window for the large man covered in tattoos that was smoking a blunt.

"Yes, sir...?"
"Who the fuck are you?" Isaiah asked.

"Oh my god! MOM!!!!" Ariana shouted and stormed off into the house.

"I'm Dj...I'm Ari's friend..."
"Oh, you're Ari's friend?" Isaiah mocked.
"Yes, sir."
"How old are you, motherfucker?"
"17..."
"Ari is 16. You cuttin' it real fuckin' close, when you turn 18?"
"Next year..."
"Mm."

Isaiah peaked further into the car, looking in its backseat and examining the interior.

"What's your gpa, Cj?" he asked.
"Uhh...Dj..."
"That ain't no number."
"It's a 2.8 I think."
"A 2.8? You need a 3.25 to be on this driveway and a 4.25 to date my daughter."
"I-..."

"Hi, Dj." Willow greeted and grabbed the men's attention.
"Hi, Ms. Thomas..."

"You know this motherfucker?" Isaiah asked his wife.
"Stop it." she commanded quietly.

"How's your mom, Dj?"
"She's fine. She's been working on a wedding menu for the past few weeks."
"Oh I bet that keeps her busy."
"Yes, ma'am."
"Well, tell her I said hi. And thank you for bringing Ari home from practice."
"It's no problem." Dj grinned.
"Get home safe, I'm sure Ari will text or call you later."
"Yes, ma'am. Have a good evening."
"You too, honey."
Dj rolled his window up and drove out of the driveway.

Willow looked at her husband.

"Who the fuck was that?!" Isaiah yelled after knocking off his ashes.
"That was Dj. He's a football player that Ari's pretty interested in at school. Their practices end at the same time so sometimes he brings her home."
"I never wanna see that motherfucker on my driveway again." He took the last hit of his blunt before dropping it to the ground.
"Then I suggest you close your eyes." Willow joked and turned to walk back into the house.