27

I woke up an hour ago but I'd just been staring at my ceiling since then.

I knew I'd wake up embarrassed from last night.
I don't know why I panicked. I was scared it would turn into something else. I wasn't ready for that and he seems...qualified and experienced.
I wasn't sure if I'd ever get to that.

LET HIM SEE ME NAKED?!
Absolutely not.
Completely off the table. I'd rather choke.
See him naked?

I have mixed emotions about that idea.

Penises aren't pretty.

But he's like...hot...
Maybe his is pretty...?
Is that even possible?
I kind of...wanna see it?
No.

I reluctantly got up and ready for the day then headed downstairs to the kitchen. Of course I found my father asleep on the couch with a hat over his face and one hand on his stomach with the other behind his head.

I made coffee and just sipped while regretting the fact I had to go to work today.
I also had to clean his room.
I checked the time. It was a quarter past noon.
I had an idea.
If I go right now, he may still be at work. In which case I'd be avoiding him and getting work done. It was brilliant.
I rushed just to find a jacket, because if I changed out of my pajamas it was killing too much time. I wore shorts and a small t-shirt. It was good enough.

I wrote on the white board so my dad knew where I was.

Called in for work early <3

I left the house then hopped in my car and hoped she'd be kind enough to start.

____________________________________

I arrived and didn't see anyone's car in the driveway.

I unlocked the door and stepped inside, locking it behind me.

"Hi, Willow." I heard from behind me and turned around.
"Hi, Pam. I'm sorry, I didn't see your car outside."
"Yea, Isaiah's at work so the garage was free. It's reserved for whoever gets home first." she snickered. "But anyways, you're here early."

I was glad to find out Isaiah wasn't here, it meant I was successful.

"Yes, sorry. I figured I'd come earlier." I explained.
"Are you sure that's a good idea? I might need to use the kitchen later and I'm afraid of messing it up right after you've already cleaned."
"Oh...um..." I forgot about that. I was too busy trying to be sneaky.
"It's okay, you can just sit until the evening comes. Maybe you can join us for dinner. I think I wanna  make chicken parm."
"Oh..."
"I insist." she smiled.
Damnit. Can you not be nice to me so it's easier to leave your house?

"Okay...sure..." I stated.

"Great!" She traveled back upstairs.

I sighed and looked to the ceiling.
Why was this happening to me?

I could hear a car pulling into the driveway with a loud bass from the music.

My chest fell.

I quickly ran into the back towards the laundry room.

When I got there, I'd remembered my car was parked out there anyway. It was practically pointless to hide. I instead began putting the dirty laundry in the washing machine to pretend I was just casually getting work done and definitely not running and hiding from him in his own house.

I heard the door open.

My heart raced and I just stood still with someone's t-shirt in my hand.

I could hear the footsteps traveling up the stairs and I could finally breathe.
I also sighed.
I can't do this forever.
I have to speak to him at some point. I literally work in his house.

I threw in the t-shirt with the rest of the white clothes and reached for detergent pods.

We were out.

I sighed loudly. This day was not going well for me.

I left the laundry room reluctantly and traveled into the kitchen.
There was nothing for me to do.

I would go back home but that's wasting gas, plus I promised to have dinner with the two.

I just went over to the couch and sat down.

~~~

It was almost as if time goes by slower whenever you're anxious and have nothing to do.

Only twenty minutes had gone by but it felt like an hour.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and a part of me wanted to get up, run, and hide, but I remembered that I told myself I can't do that forever. So I stayed put.

Unfortunately, it was exactly who I thought it would be coming down the stairs.

I looked at him.
He was shirtless in sweatpants with damp hair and walked to the kitchen. I knew he'd just showered after work because he always does.

"Hi..." I said quietly.
"Hey." he responded nonchalantly. His greeting was dry. It made me feel bad, rightfully so.
He opened the fridge.

I watched him take out a container of sliced watermelon and a water bottle.

"Um..." I began awkwardly.
He took his fruit and water and I watched him leave the kitchen and travel back upstairs.
"Okay..." I sighed to myself.

Pam came down the stairs next.

"Um...Hi, I tried to do laundry while I waited. But you're out of detergent." I told her.
"Of course we are." she sighed. "Well, I was about to get Isaiah to go to the store anyway. You can ride with him and get all of the things you're missing."
"Oh, no-..."
"ISAIAH!" she shouted sergeant-ly.
"WHAT?!" he yelled in return.
"GO TO THE STORE!"
I didn't need this right now.
"FOR WHAT?!"
"GROCERIES AND CLEANING SUPPLIES!"
He didn't respond.

"If he's not down here in the next ten minutes, I'm gonna march up there and whoop him like he's seven again."
I just imagined this small 5'6 woman going upstairs to whoop a large man.
"I know he's an adult. But I'm still his mother and sometimes I think he forgets."
I snickered.

Isaiah came down the stairs in a green hoodie with the hood halfway on his head and sweatpants.

"You gonna send me a list?" he asked her and grabbed his keys.
"Yea, take Willow with you. She needs to get some things too."
"Then she can go in her car and get her shit on her own."
For some reason I felt like something in my chest fell and shattered. It was clear I'd hurt his feelings yesterday night and I felt bad about it.
"Don't be a dick. Take her with you and get what she needs. I'll send you the money." Pam insisted.
"It's okay...I can just go on my own-..." I replied.
She cut me off. "No, you already have clothes in the wash and he's going to the store. Just go with him. Save gas. Why are you two acting like you've never been anywhere together? Stop acting weird and go to the damn store!"
Isaiah sucked his teeth and walked out of the front door.

I looked back at Pam. She gestured her head for me to follow him.
I did as told.

I left the house and closed the door behind me while I heard him start the vehicle. I then walked to his car and hopped in.
He didn't speak. He just reversed out of the driveway and drove off with me in his passenger seat.